1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soo, how is everyone?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Rexarc, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    10:22 PM
    i recently took a bit of a Hiatus due to some.. irl issues i'd rather not go into, and i ended up missing some news. soo, how is everyone? ive noticed the three new modpacks, awakening, sky adventures and stoneblock, if i may ask, what are these, their general feel, theme, etc, for my own interest in playing them.

2. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:22 AM
    stoneblock from what i have seen is a reverse skyblock

3. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:22 AM
    I have started playing both Awakening and Stoneblock, as well as near completed sky adventures (just need some silly side quests done). So, here is my thought on them and how they are to play on!

Awakening is a very beautiful 1.7.10 pack with a bunch of different mods ranging from Thaumcraft to Avarita and the spice of life. It is quest based and has a questbook that can guide you along the way to completion. Now, I did mention Avarita, so yes, Awakening has a rather extensive endgame and can take quite some time to complete. Other than that it is a rather heavy pack, so about 6gb of dedicated ram is recommended for running it. The MyM server for it is patron only. Personally I have had a lot of fun playing the pack since there is so many different mobs to look into, and because of the quest book not gating mods, it feels a lot like a kitchen sink pack here and there.

Stoneblock is as brandon mentioned, a bit of a reversed skyblock, but it still very much functions as any ordinary skyblock pack. Instead of your island floating around in the air, you are stuck in the middle of a world consisting 100% out of stone. No really, it consists only of stone, and from that stone you have to get through the questbook that the pack supplies you with. While the pack is a bit more gated than Awakening, it definately can still be played somewhat as a kitchen sink pack. As you can imagine from a world consisting soulely out of stone, a lot of sieveing is required to progress through the early-game, so in the beginning it can feel a bit slow, but it picks up speed when you progress towards ProjectE and having to start mass producing EMC as the Avaritia based endgame is extremely EMC reliant. This pack is also extremely heavy and upwards of 6gbs of ram allocated to the launcher you are using is recommended. My personaly opinion on Stoneblock is that it is a refreshing modpack to play, I myself have chosen to play it at a slow pace, but trust me, it can be rushed through quite quickly.

Sky Adventures as I mentioned is the only pack out of the three that I have almost completed. It is a skyblock, but the interesting element with Sky adventures is that the whole pack revolves around the usage of ProjectE, in fact two of the items you start with are a quest book and a philosopher's stone. Early on you have to start producing EMC as the questbook will advise you to, and as soon as you get a decent EMC production running, the rest of the pack can feel rather easy as EMC is vital for a large amount of the pack. The pack uses the ftb questing system, which is a bit unlike hqm and bq in a few ways, but the core aspect is the same. Probably the biggest difference though is the introduction of a shop inside if the ftb questbook which allows you to purchase everything from chickens to creative items using in-game currency you obtain from completing quests. My opinion on sky adventures is that while it was not a very difficult pack to complete, I had a lot of fun when I played it and often lost track of time ending up spending up to 6 hours on the pack without noticing it had been that long. This pack as well is considered as a heavy pack, but not as heavy as Stoneblock and Awakening.

I realise now I have written for a while, but I hope this post gave you a general understanding as well as my own opinion on the three newest packs on MyM, and hopefully I get to see you on one (or more ;)) of them in the future!

4. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    Thanks for the help~ awakening looks fun but as you said, yeaa patron gated.. still, thanks. ^^

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:22 AM
    You could ally whit a patron

6. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    I doing great! How are you?
    Also I heavily recommend Awakening if you’ve got the pocket-jingle for patron or can wrangle a friendpass, outside of that, Stoneblock seems to be a fun place to hang out!

7. GGothicRide

GGothicRide The Destroyer

Local Time:
    9:22 PM
    doin pretty good myself brought my all time record for bug finding on MyM to a new high tonight