1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spawn eggs in market

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Yolju, Apr 18, 2014.

?

Do you think this is a totally good idea for the server?

1. Aw, no enderdragon?

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Heck yes finally!

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    8:47 PM
    A great deal of thought was put into this until a conclusion was found. I think that the BTEAM community would enjoy spawn eggs in the market again, as there was previously for some time. Since the market reset, it hasn't seemed like the spawn eggs have returned. This provides a reliable guarantee that you will recieve a mob at just about any time. Even though that most of these mobs are findable, it'd still be good to have them in market for reasons that it may be. Squids are surprisingly rare, so I suggest starting there.

I would highly suggest adding all of the vanilla spawn eggs, since people utilize them for aesthetic purposes or even collect different types of mobs. This would cover 3 issues alone if spawn eggs were added to market once again.

Other reasons why spawn eggs should be added.
    *Tropicraft mobs are Extremely Rare.
    *Mobs are also used in crafting recipes! The actual mob itself & the drop sometimes as well!

Overpowered mobs/dinosaurs/"things that may cause damage" aren't included!

~~Vanilla~~
    *Chicken [L]
    *Cow [L]
    *Horse [M]
    *Ocelot [H]
    *Pig [L]
    *Sheep [L]
    *Bat [L]
    *Mooshroom [H]
    *Squid [M]
    *Villager [M]
    *Wolf [L]
    *Slime [H]
    *Magma Cube [M]
    *Witch [M]
    *Silverfish - (Rare, and needed for a witchery design) [H]
    ~~Tropicraft~~
    [ Some of these mobs in Tropicraft have a different type of spawn egg.]
    (Ex. Starfish spawn egg looks like a Starfish)
    *Lizard [L]
    *Monkey [L]
    *Poison Frog [H]
    *Tree Frog [H]
    *Starfish [H]
    *Turtle - You can ride sea turtles like pigs. (look for "Turtle egg" in NEI) [H]
    *Man o' war (Jellyfish) [H]
    *Tropical Fish [L]
    *Marlin [M]
    *Spotted Eagle Ray [H]
    *Failgull [L]
    *Bird (not exactly sure if this is from tropicraft) [H]
    *Sea Urchin (part of a tropicraft recipe) [M]
    ~~Witchery~~
    *Owl [M]
    *Toad [M]
    *Parasitic Louse (optional, byproduct of combining silverfish with witchery things) [H]
    ~~Other~~
    Blue Slime - Tinkers recipe [M]
    Rosester - Red chicken [L]
    Hamster [H]
    Pixie [L]

LEGEND
    if you see an [L]ow [M]edium [H]igh, this means the money range it should cost to purchase a spawn egg.
    The worth of a mob is calculated by it's current rarity and usefulness, and occasionally its morph.
    Ex. A chicken will be [L] A mooshroom would be [H] A villager would be [M]

I will gladly contribute to the effort in bringing these spawn eggs in to the market, since I know that adding these in is worth the effort. I know many people will be pleased.

People who support this idea:
    ~~ANdrei1337~~
    ~~Billyyjoee~~

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. ANdrei1337

ANdrei1337 New Member

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    And should be added to Shop, not Market. Btw Bteam2 has no Shop, and Bteam1 has no food shop.

3. Auonddon

Auonddon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    Forgive me for starting my reply by going off on a tangent but I believe it to be necessary. From my point of view the reason these sorts of ideas are so hard to get approved is because (I have seen it time and time again) Players suggest a change (like this not this example specifically) because they believe the game is too hard, directly or in directly. It’s great for a while; however, a couple changes like this decrease the total play time taken to hit end game and essentially burn out of a modpack.

That being said I believe this idea makes sense and was well thought out. I appreciate your time in putting this all together and, bringing up a topic whilst having others to back you up goes a long way.

My only suggestion would be to increase the price of the eggs and to one of your points, limit which mob eggs can be purchased; furthermore limit how often they show up on the market.

Regards,

Auonddon

Yolju likes this.
  4. Pink_Torva

Pink_Torva New Member

Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    i feel squid is needed at most i have not seen one squid my whole time on the server i basically have most creatures in balls

5. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    8:47 PM
    Thank you for your honest opinion. That's what counts.

Now, I am doing this, yes, to make things easier, but also to achieve. This plays a part in the 'fun' in the server. A game needs a goal. An awesome free-roaming game such as minecraft should have as many goals as possible, including those who no longer have interesting goals. I have been staff on minecraft servers since minecraft alpha. I have made servers, and generated happy communities. I have the experience, so when I make a suggestion, imagine me as your friend saying you should put some thought into this.

The reason why I made a key legend instead of exact prices is so the person that will make my suggestion happen, will have a guideline, rather than spending effort and time in the game by roaming the surface and loading chunks for weeks at a time. There's no need to do that, I've already done that for you.

So.
    If you feel you need to make it 1k+ for each spawn egg? I will agree with you. It really should be hard to get. Now people have a goal to save their money. It means they will be on the server more, vote, and gather materials on the server for weeks for it.

Regulations can be dealt with, when a decision of my suggestion is taken in affect.

Yolju.[DOUBLEPOST=1397969732,1397969169][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, unfortunately, for a collector of mobs of all sorts such as myself, it's litterally impossible to solve my collection. Most of these mobs are simply too extinct. Having spawn eggs of your choice, of all types, is awesome. It just simply is...

For a day or a week without an expensive price. Which is why I mentioned in my rather precise description of my suggestion:

"The worth of a mob is calculated by it's current rarity and usefulness, and occasionally its morph."

This way, you do a great thing by making mobs possible, but at a price that is fair for its rarity-code. ^ (To keep things interesting. )