1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Sprinklers and you!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by wyndman, Feb 17, 2017.

1. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:54 PM
    There seems to be a bunch of confusion in regards to agricraft sprinklers. These little things are amazing, I think we can all agree to that, though there seems to be an issue with an understanding on how they actually work causing players to use insane amounts of sprinklers thinking more is better. Unfortunately more sprinklers only accomplishes lowering the TPS of the server.

Each sprinkler works in a 7x7 area if they are four blocks above a crop they will accelerate the growth of those crops, five blocks above will keep the area hydrated, but will not speed the growth of the crops.

Below is a picture of how your sprinkler setup should look like.

Fields of Redstodendron
    [​IMG]

Don't do this....
    [​IMG]
    With that said I hope everyone learned something today!

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
  2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    11:54 PM
    With that being said, you are outright wrong. Yes TPS might drop, but 1 sprinkler lets your crops grow. 5 sprinklers let your crops grow alot faster.

The big difference between your 2 Imgur pics is that the crops in the bottom one reach maturity in a fraction of the time near instantly compared to the ones in the top screenshot.

Maybe unban the dark matter pedestal so people can put Harvest Goddess bands near their farms again and they wouldnt have to break the server with ridiculous Sprinkler setups.

The pedestal is pretty hard to get because of said dark matter, which requires the philosophers stone which is also quite hard to make. Especially on PO2 Kappa.

3. wyndman

Local Time:
    One of the largest TPS drains on PO2 is sprinklers that isn't speculation that is the constant battle we face with them. It comes down to having the server run smoothly and waiting a few minutes for your crops to grow versus every-man-for-himself mentality.

Yes, sprinkler effects stack to a point, but much like shoving extra speed upgrades in your transfer nodes there is a point where you are just draining resources.

4. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Well then maybe you should start putting a maximum limit on sprinklers on a per chunk basis. Like enforce a max like 1 quarry per player, you can enforce a max of 8 or 16 sprinklers per chunk. That also stops discussions about them.

Or provide people with a decent alternative of speeding up crop growth by a different method.

Growth pulsers only work on crops without the requirements of having a special block underneath. And Lilypads of fertility are so badly nerfed allready that they dont do jack-sh** anymore. Also growth pulsers really only work if you can put stacks underneath your farms.

5. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There is no winning with "every-man-for-himself" mentality, sadly. Banning it would be an awsm idea.

6. wyndman

Local Time:
    Unfortunately banning sprinklers would be a bit of a bazooka when a fly swatter is needed. We'll come up with an internal solution on how to deal with the problem. Oddly enough sprinkler rampage is largely an issue on PO2 and not really overly done on the other modpacks featuring agricraft, including regrowth where agricraft does play a bit of a key role in restoring the world.

7. Pairak

Pairak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @wyndman Mind explaning why the dark matter pedistal was banned? I feel that if another way to increase crop growth was added it would greatly lower the need for sprinklers, or maybe if nothing else add a emc value to the growth pulsars on normal like they have on Kappa, cause now their really expencive to make, making them even less viable as a farm tool.

8. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    4:54 PM
    ummm if you know modded minecraft and i have seen alot of werid stuff happen with certain mods if something funky happens (in this case the dark matter pedistal) it may have caused issues... to which caused it to do werid stuff with server
    Also on the sprinkler note id say have a thing where it shows in chat whos agricraft farm is causeing the most lag because im sure there is plenty of other things to make crops faster *cough cough botania cough cough* so insted of everyone spaming the hell (sorry for my french) out of sprinklers which then causes lag city we instead can find better and possible more efficent ways of useing other items instead of a system where the server is low tps and people cant do stuff this has been your friendly neighborhood MKX1 trying to help so please explain why my response was bad or what ever instead of a single sentance because i think we all know this is a place to help not argue #infoisneeded

Broklyn_Datroll and wyndman like this.
  9. wyndman

Local Time:
    I can only speculate as to why they were banned, since I wasn't part of that decision, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe most of the banned items were banned previously in the original Project Ozone as they were lag generators. That carried forth into PO2. For the most part we try to avoid items that effect tick speed since they can quickly get out of control in impacting performance.

In other words, we don't like to ban items, but if we do it is normally because they are system effecting, either causing performance issues, they claim bypass, or they are used to duplicate items.

Datsaltysnek likes this.
  10. Srekom_Dee

Srekom_Dee Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    Don't know if it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be any pictures in the OP anymore?

11. wyndman

Local Time:
    Yep, Imgur is having quite the fit with albums lately.

12. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Changed the links.

BanananaBread likes this.
  13. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    I have learned something new today! Maybe next time I see a sprinkler system set up wrong ill link them to this! :p

Timmypwn likes this.
  14. EndavorGaming

EndavorGaming Ye Coffee Gamer <3

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    I placed my sprinklers above 2 blocks over my crops and they all grow at the same rate as if all of them are effected by the sprinkler.