1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Storage solutions

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by caithleen, May 16, 2015.

1. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:13 PM
    What do you think about storage solutions?

I find them lacking a bit when you reach heavy automation and get things like the radioactives from minechem.

Some options i can think off :

Project Red Transportation - more dynamic item transfer with pipes

Heavy nerfed AE2 - One controller per player

Making the XU pipes way cheaper so you are able to more rely on retrievers filters ....

2. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    I think ae2 would be your best but I wouldn't limit controllers as people will create sub systems causing more lag otherwise :/

LordG66 likes this.
  3. KristoffLam_1

KristoffLam_1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:13 AM
    i think better storage could be added the good thing about this mod is they already added backpacks for you :D with some craftable chests tha good thing is i think you could change he recipe for it too! :D and its updated to Minecraft 1.7.10 and also you could lock your stuff just incase you dont want other players to get it :D but i think that locking mecha is a bit buggy in terms of prot XD

4. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    We allready have many good containers, what we need is managment of them ...

5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Logistic pipes? Seems nice to play a pack without AE. Would require people to make storage rooms and such instead of a 2 block solution.

6. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Logistic pipes are kinda server unfriendly, last time i tried them a very simple system allready was the top tps eater :/

7. LordG66

LordG66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    Personnaly im not a fan of logi pipes, iprefer ae but i kind of like that we dont have ae on this pack its a good change but still this pack lacks some sort of automation which the current mods cannot provide. My suggestion is to add ae but limit the amount of controllrers per player and make them very expensive so that it will be the highest tier system and make it very power hungry. E.g craft the controller using nether stars and the cables using tier 2 plates from galacticraft[DOUBLEPOST=1431857589][/DOUBLEPOST]

8. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Problem is the adhoc networks dont use a controller as Benny allready pointed out this will lead to dozens of subsystems. Ill check if it can be disabled.

9. LordG66

LordG66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    Im not talking about heavy nerfing of the controller, in my opinion 20 controllers perplayer is enough to build a very good system while considering the fact that we dont have so many heavy mods that require heavy automation

10. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Nah you dont see it :

Controller limitation brings nothing when the player then builds 20 subnetworks without a single controller.[DOUBLEPOST=1431858570][/DOUBLEPOST]I think we should test Project Red Transportation, else we could go for ae2, disable nearly all recipes and only make a onetime handout via quest for them (all terminals, power acceptor, disk drive would be limited, chests uncraftable, storage busses as well - so you are kinda limited to one system).

11. KristoffLam_1

Local Time:
    that might get a little bit wonky because i thought you dint want certain things like piping and stuff?

12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    "piping and stuff" ... umh yeah. its not that we dont have "piping and stuff" allready in ..

13. KristoffLam_1

Local Time:
    i know that i meant like buildcraft pipes is a bit not server friendly because of the item moving from pipes and may cause lagg cause project red pipes is almost like buildcraft pipes xD

14. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    I kind of liked the old redpower sorting. That thing that used blutricity. Is that mod (or something similar) still around?

15. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Thats rendering and client side, not a server issue ...

16. KristoffLam_1

Local Time:
    alrighty prob there is a way for you to config certain things on the mod for your modpack too some certain crafting recipe to fit your modpack

17. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Modular Systems is now live!

18. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    modular what? :eek:

19. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1