1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for a revised Endgame items list for Galactic Science.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by deepcage, Jul 5, 2019.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    6:47 PM
    With all the begging and public trading going on anyways, i would like to suggest to change the "everything except 1 sapling and 1 sand" list to the following list.

Allowed items for trade:
    Everything found on the moon and the starter island/rocket-thing. Including all the various stuff you get from sieving moon turf/dirt/rock. This also should include mob drops. Except for endermen drops since these do not spawn on the moon.

Endgame items:
    Ender pearls.
    Endermen Heads.
    Everything found on other planets and dimensions than the moon.

The exception on this being items people have made/mined themselves already on other planets. But they will have to show proof of actually already having owned those items before a trade should be allowed.

Please consider this. It would definitely help.

Fireforce likes this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    endgame items - all items beside:
    • items gathered from sieving(exluding enderperls)
    • oxygen gear - duh? not to suffocate(only light tanks)
    • mob drops except - divination sigil, pearls and enderman heads
    • CLASSIC - 1 dirt + 1 sapling

Also on what server there is no "public trading going on anyways"??? No staff = free trade, no taxes!

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    So curb begging you want to increase what they can beg for? I'm not sure I follow the logic here. The end game list was so strict because everything you hand out can make a dramatic impact on your progression even something so simple as a few iron ingots can cut hours off the grind. There's a reason why even the resource kits are not actual ingots etc, but rather bits of items to make sure you have progression to use them.

Fireforce and GreyWolf11 like this.
  4. deepcage

Local Time:
    Well if we can at least show some leniency on what we can and cannot give out for free, people might understand more that there is a logical need for progression on this pack. The rule 1 sapling and 1 sand is considered stupid by most every player i have seen on GS so far (staff excluded because they think entirely differently it seems). u should come play on GS... its seriously crazy how often ppl ask for simple stuff and we have to say no because its not a sapling or a piece of sand. Either that or start handing out punishments for begging/public trading.

Do something... its not fun at the moment to have to refer everyone to the rules that nobody reads anyways. All it amounts to is verbal grief and frustration.

Also while maybe you like the grind, alot of players (especially the younger ones) dont like the grind. And to be honest, it was kind of tedious. Grinding for stuff fine, but starting out on this pack, the amount of moon turf and moon dirt you gotta sieve by hand is just insane. i had to put a book on my left mouse button at some point. thats not fun.

I agree that breaking progress is not something we should want, but cutting a bit of time off from the initial grind so people can actually start to enjoy the pack rather then ragequitting is something you should be ok with.

You should see the amount of ppl that quit playing GS once they get told no time and time again for not being able to make the simplest of trades.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  5. deepcage

Local Time:
    bumping topic to prevent it from being forgotten.

Sandstroem likes this.
  6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    I don't think it's forgotten, just waiting for more points of view. Though to rehash what you said about players not enjoying the grind, that's the nature of the pack and if that's not their cup of Yorkshire tea, there are always other packs.

Willshaper likes this.
  7. deepcage

Local Time:
    What happened to "we want players to play here"? You're scaring em away by telling em to go play some place else.

8. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:47 AM
    When did he ever say this? He was saying it is the nature of the modpack. If you don't like said nature of modpack, play a different one.

Fireforce, Willshaper and GreyWolf11 like this.
  9. deepcage

Local Time:
    we're going offtopic (me included), can we please stay on the subject of revising the list? or your suggestions against revising it?