1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted [TDT] Clarify Market rules thoroughly

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Magisch, Jun 7, 2015.

1. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    I was referencing the fact that I take forever to get anything done ;)

2. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    Excuse me but there is nothing in any modpack that I have played so far that I couldn't make within max 2 weeks. So that is flawed. ^^

3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:52 AM
    As for the blood magic.... @Slind @SilentStar The gate for blood magic is tier Four, and this is why the Tier four items and above were deamed not to be sold. The fact that another tier is added to the mod does not move this tier. I request that as it has been, only tier three items and below for bloodmagic be sold on any server.

chaosblad3 likes this.
  4. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I think the best way to look at it is this: If you aren't sure whether something might be considered too endgame to sell or not then air on the side of caution and assume it is, simple as that!

Let me be very blunt here, the more that players try to push the limits of what they are allowed to sell, the more it makes us want the crack down on it and make the restrictions even broader...

There is one rather harsh way that comes to mind that we could use to solve this debate once and for all and that is to simply say that if it isn't a basic resource that you can easily obtain from worldgen or naturally spawning mobs/animals, or something that can be crafted in a single step from those basic resources then you can't sell it period, then literally anything that requires a multi-step crafting recipe or any form of special machine/magical processing would be untradeable and that would reduce any grey areas down to practically zero...

Obviously that is not an option that anyone, us staff included would like to see but if you players can't be trusted to use common sense when considering whether you are permitted to sell something then maybe it would be for the best!

5. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    There is a problem with that though. I plan on selling absolutely everything that is allowed. If its not endgame and I can make it, im selling it. Its part of my enjoyment of the game and I want to abide by the rules in doing so.

6. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is pretty much what i have been telling him on the server.

@Magisch Your going to make it so you cant sell items. You have been told by staff yesterday.... but you still want to argue the fact.
    Trying to push your boundaries is more then likely going to get you removed from the server. Saying that you will sell anything that is not on the list and demanding every item gets added, is a bad attitude and view to have.

7. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Im trying to get the rules clarified. Thats just to stop me (and other people who want to sell items) from breaking rules by accident. I don't see how thats harmful to the server in any way. If there is a rule, and staff is enforcing it, it should be clearly enough defined so people can follow it. And clearly enough defined so everyone has a concrete understanding what they can't sell.

ps: I didn't say "If its not on the list im selling it". I said if I can determine that im allowed to sell it then I will sell it. Whatever that definition ends up beeing.

8. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why is it the rest of the players understand the rules implemented. It almost feels like your pushing this issue just to debate.
    You have done this on every server we played together on....(in the past 2 years its been a lot)

9. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    They are probably hoping on the goodwill of the enforcing mods/admins just like everyone at the moment. I want to have a very clearly defined line however of what im allowed and not allowed to do. I don't want to push any rules or even presume to argue them, I just want to know exactly how not to break them.

About arguing: If you never argue something, it never changes for the better.

10. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    As stated, if you are not sure whether something is too endgame to sell then assume it is and don't sell it, yes that might mean there are a few items that you yourself decide not to sell that might have been acceptable, but that still leaves you able to sell a vast number items that are clearly not endgame, so just be happy with that and stop pushing the matter..

11. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:52 AM