1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Thaumcraft Rifts

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by superjeep3, Feb 3, 2019.

1. superjeep3

superjeep3 Member

Local Time:
    5:48 AM
    I have 5 Thaumcraft Rifts in my claimed chunk that I can not get rid of. I have never used Thaumcraft, and they have already changed blocks in some of the buildings. I killed the tainted seeds that were spawn, and a lot of the tainted blocks turned back, but all of the Rifts are still there. Can these be removed by a mod?

2. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:48 AM
    first thing to do, move your stuff so the rifts don't eat it :)
    second : make a causality collapser to close the rifts or wait for them to eventually close.

From what i understand they eat up the flux in the chunk, they will close on their own eventually. These appear because you have been flooding the chunk with flux. Flux is released on any alchemical action (but you can minimize it with the alchemical furnace upgrades to spread out and reduce the flux). Emptying a jar or alembic = releasing flux. You have to be more carefull when doing this. Empty a jar like 5 chunks away if you really have to :). also don't forget to scan the void rift for research ;)

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    We do not clean up game mechanics as a result of the players experimentation. Peanut gave you the road map on correcting the issue, think of these like chance cubes, when you dabble in the arts unfortunate things can happen and it is up to the player to resolve them.

4. superjeep3

superjeep3 Member

Local Time:
    I appreciate both of your replies, but please let me state again...I have never dabbled in thaumcraft. I have never used the mod, and do not like any magic mods. I have over one thousand claim blocks, and have rifts in almost every chunk. I will go back and make sure I Do not have any thaumcraft items, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I have never knowingly made a thaumcraft item. There is a base (maybe 20 or so chunks away) that has thaumcraft items, but I would think that a base so far away should not be effecting my area. There are also very large rifts between that base and mine. I would appreciate further suggestions. Also, I did look for the causality collapses, but did not see anything in JEI. I don’t know if this was an error on my part, or if they are not available in Revelations. These rifts have been around for over two weeks, and hav not gone away. I read that they would go away after 2 real world days, but they are still there. I also read that in Thaumcraft version 6 they no longer despawn.

5. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    they still despawn in E2E skyblock. But they are usually chunkloaded. You will not find the recipe for the collapsor as it's a rather deep research item in thaumcraft (aka you have to do thaumcraft for it).

Upgrades to thaumcraft items allow for flux to be spread to neighbouring chunks, although 20 chunks seems a bit far away but not per se impossible. That does mean someone is being horrible inefficient with their thaumcraft setup and needs to be talked to :p

6. superjeep3

superjeep3 Member

Local Time:
    I was a little off about the distance. Counting tonight it is more like 11 chunks. The owner of the area is tobez01. I also went around my area looking for any thaumcraft machine that I might have put down, and found none. So seeing as how the rifts were not caused by something I did in my area, can I ask someone with the correct permissions to delete them?

7. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    this will be a gray area for griefing rules now that i think of it hmmm

it's pretty easy to go and clean out a ton of jars and creat a lot of flux next to someone ...

8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    The way i understand flux rifts and flux in Thaumcraft is that it affects a 5x5 chunk area. The center of this area being the problem. You do thaumcraft, especially stuff that causes flux, it will create rifts in that chunk, but will also create some in the surrounding 2 chunks in every direction. It could be considered a form of griefing, altho its not controllable where the rifts form. So if you want to griefproof this, disallow the use of the thaumcraft crucible and furnaces in a 3-chunk distance from other claims.

9. superjeep3

superjeep3 Member

Local Time:
    I also found a cavern mined that bordered my claim that had a tainted worm thing and a ton of tainted blocks. The guy's base that was close to mine has also completely disappeared. I dont know if he moved it, or if he had not logged in for two weeks and it was raided or what. Anyway, what are the chances of a mod reversing the damage done?

10. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    best make a ticket under griefing for it i think :(

11. superjeep3

superjeep3 Member

Local Time:
    Thank you all for your help...I will head over there.