1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bug thread

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by caithleen, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KristoffLam_1

KristoffLam_1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    Multiple Rewards bug once me and AlphaRue was in one party on HQM then he set it up to multiple quests but my quest book finnished like his book is that i wont get the rewards of the book since it should be set up to multiple rewards

2. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    Verify that your quest party is set to Multiple Rewards, and not Shared Rewards. I think if MR gets disabled, it defaults to Shared, which means anybody can grab it, but once somebody does, it locks it out from the others.

3. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    6:07 AM
    Fixed in 0.05, ty[DOUBLEPOST=1431415291][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Multiple rewards are off for a reason - balance. If you team up you allready get a huge boost. If you now would get multiple copies of the sometimes quite powerfull rewards you would go through the sky ...

4. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Crafting marble stones from sieving stone blocks crashes the client. It also crashes the server if automatic methods are used.

5. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I will need to remove the recipe for now. Ex astris is kinda unsupported. But you will get marble via reward bags and votes later anyway :)

6. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Can you tell me when the issue is fixed? Server will crash every time I login otherwise.[DOUBLEPOST=1431452052][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Since most quests are detection based, the only teams that will have any issue from this are those who make HQM teams. If players just play together and share items used for quests, they will recieve multiple rewards.

7. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    we are on it

and yes i cant do anything about the later case but quests get crafting quests alot later :)[DOUBLEPOST=1431452542][/DOUBLEPOST]please try to login[DOUBLEPOST=1431452808][/DOUBLEPOST]im at your place currently, so hotfix worked ;)

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  8. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    I invited him to a party cause he didnt get the reward for something I saw him craft

9. LordG66

LordG66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:07 AM
    Dimensional Wall recipe yields Refined relocation's Linker[DOUBLEPOST=1431716680][/DOUBLEPOST]Gravi Helmet Quest didnt activate when i made the helmet

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  10. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Both should be fixed in 0.05a

11. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not sure if its a just me thing but today I logged in (I used FTB last time and MyM launcher this time) but when I logged in I had another starter kit... oxy gear,mask,tanks, quest book, food can. But I am still wearing the equipment that I was given to start with so I have double of the mask, tanks, and oxy gear.

12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Perhaps you didnt note it yesterday but as a failsafe you currently get 2 sets in total if you put on your first set before you start the island. Just after is create you get a new kit and you dont loose armor you are wearing when you create the island. Its just for the case someone doesnt equip them, ports to island, inventory gets wiped.

Im not 100% sure yet how to handle it in release.

13. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    perhaps a chest (or lock box if its a thing here) with the items pre loaded on the islands? Or a 1 time ever use of a /kit starter, but I could still see that having people claim before porting.

14. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    some people may not find them and you die preety fast due to oxygen, or lack therof,

15. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Well then i could just remove the first set you get. Its just not so nice to start suffocating when you is create until you put the stuff on ;)

16. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    if you put the chest right in front of where the player starts, with a sign that says "quick! get your gear on before its too late!" They should see it lol maybe edit the quest books first page (when you open it it has that story area) to continue from where the sign left off with basic instructions as if you are being spoken to at the start ^_^

-edit-
    in other words
    (new player starts, makes island and teleports there. first thing they see is the chest and sign, they open it and gather the gear then start playing by opening the quest book... Quest book first page reads.* incoming transmission... buffering... Transmission started* "Phew, that was a close one. Listen, I don't have much time. Welcome to the advanced operating base on the moon, take a quick look around but don't waste the oxygen you where given. It seems that the power has shutdown and I can't get it back up and working from here, you will need to find a way to get it back up and running... quickly. Oxygen is top priority! *static* it seems you are... dark side... good luck." *end transmission*

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  17. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    If the player were on the Dark Side of the moon, they wouldn't see the Earth. (Although, technically, any area of the moon experiences day and night, they're just longer on the moon)

18. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    If you know of a way to not make it show the earth then by all means make this argument. My post was trying to add a little more flavor to it all and fix the start kit issue. not be astronomically correct XD

19. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    Saying they're on the dark side of the moon is purely flavor, though, not at all fixing the kit.

20. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    the flavor text is an add on to the chest idea... not to be standalone for no reason...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.