1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of MyM is vague

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    This would make the website look like crap for starters and secondly what your talking about is affiliate ads and to be honest these do not generate enough income to buy a copy of minecraft once a month yet alone support our servers.

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:24 AM
    Heyo Stranger.

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:24 AM
    Yeah, not to mention ad-revenue on websites is based solely on website traffic and how many people are presented with the ad... As Lordicon said, it wouldn't generate enough income to buy a copy of the game each month, let alone support the servers. Not to mention the ugliness factor.

4. RaceBanner

RaceBanner New Member

Local Time:
    Doesn't seem like much of a problem. On, B-Team, the whole game is set up for the lowest common demonimator. Since you are not allowed to "grief" anything, whether claimed or unclaimed, or to taglock or curse anyone without permission, then ranks and kits mean nothing. So, the issues listed on the first page of this post do not apply. Of course those same reasons list above I have started playing another B-Team server because despite buying ranks and kits for myself and my friend Brickmasterking, anything fun gets you banned.

Race

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    So, to be fair, this message seems more like an angry customer review then it does a helpful comment towards the issue at hand. And btw, just because some of the fun stuff might be banned, it does not mean you can't have an enjoyable time. I mean, let's be real, if you were a new player, and someone came to "help" you, but then taglocked you and cursed you with (Insert crazy annoying curse here) would you be too happy? Personally, I'd have to go out of my way, putting aside any plans I had to go figure out how to fix the issue. As for the anti-grief, would you like to spend a good few days building something, or log on to your high-tech base just to see that it was all stolen for kicks and giggles... would you be happy? No, you'd likely complain and ask for them to be banned. It's hilarious because people would gladly inflict something upon another person, but then have issues when someone inflicts the exact same thing upon you. just my 10 cents.

Slipplaysmc likes this.
  6. RaceBanner

RaceBanner New Member

Local Time:
    Actually, it is not fair to call this post one by a disgruntled player. But your response is indicative of the type of rules on the server. "Any criticism will be dealt with harshly." The fact is, I provided the answer / solution to the problem. It is the faults of the server that can save it. The ranks and kits do not provide an unfair advantage because there are no unfair advantages on the server. Read and understand, rather than get your feelings hurt and cry. It doesn't matter to me because I moved on to another server.

Oh, as for your example about griefing... my favorite mod is Voltz. Theft, griefing, betrayal, destruction is all part of the game. Some B-team servers are the same. Why have magic if you can't taglock and curse people. It is contradictory.

7. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Please just lock this thread, I feel like I'm a room full of Parrots. If people want to submit their ideas they can just use the submit button there is really no need to keep this thread going 90% of it is parroting and arguing.

ApexMega and GreyWolf11 like this.
  8. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    First of all, griefing is the easiest way to ruin peoples experience, lets say you have a draconic reactor, a different player goes into your base while you're offline and they cause a feedback loop with the reactor, boom there goes your whole entire base. That wouldn't be fun would it? You'd probably want them to get in trouble for wiping all your progress from the server. Also there's more to witchery magic than just cursing people.

and yeah its probably a good idea to just lock this thread until the voting poll opens. People are just gonna be arguing back and forth instead of trying to reason.

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'm honestly sick of seeing notifications from MYM at this point, because of this thread. Every time I see the notification about this thread, I literally sigh of annoyance and go look and see what new issue there is. Please just do the world a favor and lock it until further news comes up about MYM.

Cantiel and Xx_Canadian_xX like this.
  10. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
    Also if you are sick of it you can ignore the thread.

Slipplaysmc likes this.
  11. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
  12. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.