1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of MyM is vague

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormstar13

stormstar13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:28 PM
    This is such crap. They keep this stuff up no one is going to want to play this great game. Bunch of Greedy ********.

Blade7765, Timmypwn and ViesSPR like this.
  2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    1:28 AM
    Ignore. Mojang won't do anything. They tried it in the past and it was backfiring repeadeatly.

Edit: Didn't read the whole post. Will use the proper link for any other suggesting that will come to my mind.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  3. ProZed

ProZed Active Member

Local Time:
    Tell em to go *********, i play on many "blacklisted" servers. **** aint happend. you can still login

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  4. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2017
  5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    Ok, so I'm sure we all know the name of two major juggernaut Vanilla MC servers that offer many perks that we offer here, but they haven't gotten any notices. Furthermore, we aren't making Paywalls; we are providing a boost, something that will help people along but will not make them any better than another player, especially since donor perks get nerfed to the moon and back whenever we do send out a PvP server. As for the soft currency, it's providing a currency that players may use to get items in game, to give themselves a head-start. but in the end, who cares? everyone else will get there anyway. it's not like players are being forced to purchase a rank if they wanna progress, so what rules could we POSSIBLY be breaking!? sigh.

6. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Only one of them is breaking the rules, and this is only by soft currency being purchasable.
    [doublepost=1509574643][/doublepost]
    Only one of them is breaking the rules, and this is only by soft currency being purchasable.

Decnav likes this.
  7. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Thats my take on it also, just discontinue that one thing, and business and usual

8. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    please keep in mind that they are already barely breaking even so even taking just one form of revenue will be a large hit

9. Jaiegen

Jaiegen Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Absolutely...You have to have some sort of revenue replacement for any taken away. Or tweak it to where no revenue is taken away....if thats even possible.

miker5231 likes this.
  10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd say just remove the "soft currency" part altogether, and just sell the individual perks/boosters on the store. and you could also make it to where peopl have the option of buying a load of the chunkloader tickets and other things available on the store, and leave a disclaimer that this stuff can still be earned in-game. (That way the guy/gal from Mojang that inspects the server store next can see that we aren't doing any kind of paywall).

11. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Tier 6 Rank Now Available!| MineYourMind Community
    [doublepost=1509576799][/doublepost]
    Steam-like depot could also work. (Already submitted with the link btw)

12. miker5231

Local Time:
    I think now that Mojang have their eyes on MyM only changing the "soft currency" will not cut it. The issue is that Mojang/Microsoft have the final say whether you break the rules or not as shown in
    from the Commercial usage guidelines

13. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:28 PM
  14. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    welp if this is the end of mym its been a an honor playing with all of you may iris bless yall with luck

15. lryanle

Local Time:
    This is not the end of MyM. MyM will live on. We'll find away.

Slipplaysmc and miker5231 like this.
  16. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Wow. So they haven't deleted the library?

[Wondering why the hell was a certain server unblocked]

17. miker5231

Local Time:
    because certain server probably has money

Edit: I did not mean to make it sound like I was talking down to you sorry

18. lryanle

Local Time:
    Originally, they started blocking servers to make a point of enforcing Mojang's EULA on count of Microsoft to expand as a brand. After extreme backlash from the community (which was the original reason of the EULA) they decided to die down the major server-block run. It has since been stupid-named servers that have no point but to abuse the API that is being blocked these days. It seems like it has recently been brought back on more mild terms.

Cheers,
    -Ryan

19. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    To anyone saying that Microsoft devised the new Eula terms or that Mojang changed the Eula because of Microsoft, you are incorrect.

Let's talk server monetisation - the follow-up Q+A
    As you can see, the Eula was changed before July 16, 2014, as that post clarifies the changes previously made.

Microsoft announces purchase of Minecraft creator Mojang for $2.5 billion - Polygon
    As shown there, microsoft only announced their planned purchase of minecraft in september of 2014, a fair but after july. They didn't actually obtain minecraft until november

For these reasons, Microsoft had nothing to do with the Eula changes.

To those saying the Eula was never actually enforced or that they completely stopped, that is not correct. I was a firsthand witness to several of the larger networks I played on getting shut down. Additionally, the vast majority of large vanilla servers that still function are in fact adhering to the Eula now. The only things they can really get away with are small loopholes.

Same thing applies to anyone saying we just need to get rid of soft currency and we're good to go; that is not correct, and the content entailed in this thread clearly shows that there is also a problem with any type of distinct advantage which can be obtained by donating. This means that if any physical non-cosmetic perks or non-cosmetic items can be obtained by donating, it essentially violates the eula, with some exceptions

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    BookerTheGeek likes this.
  20. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    After reading through the links given in the main post I believe I understand the main points of it. Please correct me if I am wrong about any of it (I would love to be wrong :()
    Basically Anything that could be even argued as pay to win or gives convenience commands is a no-go That means no more:
    • /fly
    • /god
    • /back
    • Additional /home points
    • Any kits that give non cosmetic items
    • /workbench
    • /enchant
    • /enderchest
    • /anvil
    • TP cooldown Bypass or delay bypass
    • Compas teleporting
    • /feed
    • /heal
    • Mobspawner changing
    • Exchanging credits for myms
    All of this is with that acception that if it is made available for purchase through soft currency (myms) alone and not real world money, then it is okay.

As for past donors, the perks listed can be kept if and only if MYM makes said perks available in game for soft currency (not real world money)

This post was just for clarification porpoises feel free to add to the list, and again please correct me if I am wrong.

Xx_Canadian_xX and Slipplaysmc like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.