1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of MyM is vague

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:36 PM
    What needs to be changed and what doesn't need to be changed is irrelevant. The network is barely breaking even with all of these ways to support it so whether or not you think they need to change something to fit minecraft's EULA they still need ideas to take in more money
    (that sounds bad)

2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    3:36 AM
    TL;DR: The solition cannot be highly income-negative.

Edit: Don't panic if you got a crazy number of posts on "New Posts", those are from the Private Suggestions section. Marking it read brings the counter down by 43 as of now.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    6:36 PM
    Yeah, that's true. I just thought he was talking about individual boosters. Either way though, individual boosters that only effect cosmetics and non-cosmetic boosts that effect all the players are both okay

4. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    here is a link Coins | Hypixel Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

It clearly states

"You can use the coins to do all kind of cool things like visiting the various npcs to buy or craft cool new items or upgrade various parts of your class. You can even unlock new class specializations!

Coins are awarded by playing games on the Hypixel server and based on your performances."

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    lryanle and SirWill like this.
  5. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Except there is no way to directly buy coins.

6. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Incorrect. They offer perks/kits that you can obtain with the coins allowing you a clear advantages over others without coins, but it's still prohibited.

Have a look at someone's question on skywars.

[​IMG]
    Gyazo - 706e34b2f39a34381320d0c2c1c7bac5.png
    [doublepost=1509645803][/doublepost]
    Yes, this is why I suggested this server uses the same type of method in my earlier post.

lryanle and SirWill like this.
  7. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    But how would this generate income?

8. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Players would have to buy boosts in order to obtain coins at an accelerated rate. Boost rate could be instant for time span of 60 mins, based on the amount of time the player is logged in the server and based on the Boost time and rate. A non-paying member would have a rate which would essentially take them 6 months but they would essentially have the option to get coins which is the punchline.

So the money is made on the boosts in the same method that server uses. With those coins you can purchase Perks/Kits that are helpful to the player in the same manner as that server does it.

This appears to be a gray area, and if they let if fly for the largest server known to Minecraft then they have to let it happen for everyone.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Slind likes this.
  9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    ALL tg´his makes my head hurt I love MYM il TRY TO KEEP IT aflotte caus iDONT want to lose it Mym is love MYM is LIFE

10. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    Ok. I get the Eula guidelines & why they exist. I get why some shop features could be an issue under said guidelines. But can we get more details on what, specifically, MYM has been told they have to change? Or what Mojang is objecting to? It's hard to offer suggestions without that. What features have to be eliminated to be compliant? What kind of revenue do you have to replace? What does it cost monthly to maintain the server? What are your monthly stats on new players? What/how much do people buy or donate monthly? I understand if you don't want to post all of that here, but if you could maybe pm me some of this info I'll put my thinking cap on. Thanks.

11. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    I think some stuff might be restricted by german law.

12. JessTheGreat

Local Time:
    Interesting. Hard to come up with a solution though if you don't know what is needed and what you already have. It's like trying to cook without a recipe & only 1/2 the ingredients. It doesn't usually turn out well.

13. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    The only reason specifically Hy***** can get away with it is because they implemented gambling and several other aspects that give the illusion that people aren't paying to win. Additionally, the coins can only be used in some games for perks. Mojang has been biased in favor of hy**xel ever since ****plex tried to take things to court, only adding to the reasons behind them getting away with it

When I said that coins are used for vanity, I wasn't speaking specifically about one server. I was speaking generally. Generally, the vast majority of minigame servers do not enable you to use their primary currencies to buy anything other than vanity, and that is true. Hy***el is one of the only exceptions to that, and it is extremely unlikely that mym would get the same treatment. Even if, Hyp***l's currency system is highly reliant on and effective due to numerous key elements mym does not have, such as being a massive minigame server with an already thriving vanity section, numerous currencies, and mojang's bias. Hy***el is sneaky with how they use their donor perks, so just because they get away with something doesn't mean mym can too.
    [doublepost=1509648796][/doublepost]
    It's pretty clearly outlined in the thread what they want mym to change...?
    and the donations stats aren't something we necessarily have to know to offer suggestions. The important part is that our donations currently barely break even, and they will drop signifigantly without the current system we have in place.

lryanle, miker5231 and Rohen like this.
  14. JessTheGreat

Local Time:
    Didn't say it was necessary...just helpful. Again, hard to solve a problem without all of the information.

15. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:

While I understand what you're trying to state may have some validity in it, the point is that they have gotten away with it, and if they allow that server to do it, then they have to allow others to do it, especially if it's being pointed out to them directly. I've went to the Minecraft servers list and logged into some of the top servers, and viewed their sites and majority of them are P2W 100%.

In fairness MYM has clearly been targeted by salty player reports to Mojang, there is no way that Mojang went out of their way to check modded FTB servers and sent legal notice over such nonsense when 99% of the Vanilla servers are in clear violation of EULA.

The way you make it sound, is that you want to just lay flat on our faces and let them run us over.

16. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    Not necessarily how that works. As Slind said himself, what rules we do and do not have to follow is up to Mojang.
    If they were adamant about certain servers being "100% p2w", the eula never would have been changed. I also have yet to see any listing site which features a majority of large p2w servers, so do feel free to show me that website or name some of the servers (Without advertising of course, wouldn't want to get you in trouble ;P)
    First of all, mojang's server contact has always been in some sort of pattern. At first they did minigame servers, then pvp servers, then pvp minigame hybrids, ect. We were probably not the only ones hit by this notice. It is not at all hard for Mojang to find a server like this one, and there is no indication that a bunch of salty players "reported us to Mojang", something which Mojang has no structure set up to enable something like that. Mym has a great community, and the idea of players reporting us and that leading to Mojang legally contacting us because a bunch of 10 year olds cried to them is pretty foolish.
    By the way, there have been other modded servers that have been contacted by Mojang too, this isn't a new thing.
    Also, lastly, it's worth mentioning that MyM is one of the biggest ftb networks currently existing. In some senses, it's the equivalent of a massive vanilla server

17. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    lol what are you, an inside man for Mojang, you seem to know everything..... apparently...probably not.

18. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    Figuring out that Mojang doesn't have a system for server reporting isn't complecated, it's obviously not there. Try complaining about a server yourself: the furthest you'll probably get is their support email, something that is not designated for server complaints.
    As the thread said, Mojang wants us to clearly identfy that we are not associated with them. As such, complaints about us should not and are not directed to Mojang, that makes no sense

19. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Playing keyboard lawyer here :
    What if, since you are incorporated in Germany, and hosted in Germany, the EULA was invalid?

EULAs are not per se invalid in Germany.

however, a German court held that they are ONLY THEN legally binding if they have been agreed to prior to the purchase. the folks at PearC, the company selling Mac clones in Germany are founding their claims of legality on this 'loophole'.

legal - Is an EULA enforceable? - Super User

Did you sign a contract prior to purchasing?

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Mojang |Servers that violate commercial use guid...
    Report a Minecraft Server EULA Violation

Fireforce, Slipplaysmc and Rohen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.