1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info The future of MyM - Shop Concept

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Loot Boxes (see related Section)

Poll closed Dec 11, 2017.
  1. 1. Activates the upgrade instantly and excludes already active upgrades (can't get active upgrades).

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. 2. The upgrade is added to the players stock and can be activated manually.

92 vote(s)
    93.9%
  1. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:35 PM
    I think Mym using loot boxes will be fine as long as:
    • You are guaranteed a reward,
    • The reward will always be equal or greater in value then the buying price of the loot box,
    • There are no personal non cosmetic boosts
    One could argue you should not get duplicates either.

2. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    The only way lootboxes would work perfectly without any troubles is if it were only purchased with obtainable in-game currency that wasn't purchased with real money. Like if each tier gave you a certain amount of currency each day or week, and you got to use that to buy them. or maybe voting points. Or loyalty points.

In the end, it doesn't matter what people on the forum thing about the legality of it, if its illegal, its illegal. Not a thing we can do about it.

SGamerXxX likes this.
  3. PARTYCHICKEN123

PARTYCHICKEN123 Active Member

Local Time:
    10:35 PM
    Hey, quick suggestion that I saw on another server (that shall not be named otherwise I'll be banned) on their store you could buy a dimension
    it was a mini world in which you input the world seed and border size and depending on the size that's how many points it costs. Helps make up for the no rftools dim thing. :)

Kissqt likes this.
  4. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    I would love that but i think it's against Eula, like having finally small dimension (even Twilight Forest and this kind of stuff would be awesome)

I mean the dimension can exist but you have to pay to turn on the server ? xDD I am not sure how it can be writen to fit Mojang's terms

5. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:35 PM
    Actually, I believe this could be okay, so long as a portal to it is added to spaw and a small server cost decided by staff is set for the "Buyer"
    Could be cool, doubt it will happen though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    -deleted-

7. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
    That might actually be doable with rftools dimensions, allow a dimension to be 'written' on the shop page, or a written dimension tab handed in along with a command, and the purchased dimension could be created and given a publicly accessible warp or matter receiver. Upkeep/initial costs could even be dependent on the dimlets used.
    It would fit within the EULA by making the chosen dimension a publicly available utility, although it has the unfortunate downside of being potentially much more powerful than any existing perk. Such is the downside of the EULA.

Rohen likes this.
  8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    Maybe if we were to do a dimension system, 1.) I could help, since I'm decently versed in RF tools dimensions now, And 2.) Make it cost more per feature, so for example, if someone wants a diamond block world, make it take up room. Like an alloted space system. Say, diamond blocks take up 5/30 "slots". A feature dimlet, such as plains, is also 5 "slots". Also, certain other features, such as orbs, lakes, etc. could be like, 2 or 3 slots. Maybe sell different "sized" dimensions? Like, the higher cost allows for more "slots". Not to mention, when a dimension is created, it creates a fully charged receiver in the dimension, however it has limited power and thus would need someone to power it before it dies.

As far as customization goes, that could be interesting. Would staff have to get involved? How would you go about it, exactly? Lots of questions there XD

9. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    1:35 PM
    Sounds interesting, as long as it doesn't go to much into game-breaking territory..lol

10. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Yeah, you should have to pay with in game resources AND server resources to open a dimension. It seems quite broken to be able to open a uu world early game for instance, but really conveniant late game.

11. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    you could have all of the crafting recipes for RF dimensions removed, and be given one single random blank dimension from rf tools and you get whichever dimension RNGesus decides to give you.

12. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    If RFTools always generates a receiver in the same position in a dimension, tesseract/capacitor placement for power could be pretty automatic. Otherwise, I think it would still be able to be automated by searching for the block in loaded chunks, as it should be within spawn chunks when the dimension generates.

13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    Huh, haven't considered the positioning of the teleporters. Might do a bit of testing sooner or later.

14. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Spawnchunks don't really work outside od the overworld.

15. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    They do with RFTools.

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Small update: We passed mojangs deadline on the 24th of December. We sent a message with legal context on the 17th of December, we haven't heard from them since.
    What does this mean: We will still implement these changes, because we believe that they improve the community culture and might even help with the zero sum game we have since last summer. But we won't do so under the thumb of mojang boxed into a corner with the possibility of further restrictions being pressed upon us.

The_Icy_One, SGamerXxX, Rohen and 4 others like this.
  17. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    1:35 PM
    Just curious how hard is it to set up a server, is it reasonably simple or is quite complex?

(For a modpack I mean not the entire mym)

18. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We have alot of scripts and tools our devs wrote and implemented to help us with the most things. So setting up just the server is not a big deal it can be finished in nearly no time. The time intesive task is to check everything reconfigure the mods, implement our plugins to work good with the server, set up databases and check for bugs/performance issues. Also we need to keep up to date with the development of sponge or bukkit etc which sometimes is pretty time intense :)

Hope that answers a few questions if you want more informations would be nice if you can create a seperate thread with this topic.
    Have a nice day

Fireforce likes this.
  19. patrickematik

patrickematik Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Did I understand this correctly, that if a server doesn't generate enough money (Server Goal) it will just go pooof (or reset)? No matter on how many active players there are?

Well, I understand the need of income, but I dislike the idea of destroying servers just because the players do not spend enough money on it. I would support this idea only if it would be connected to like an "hours played per day" index, and only affect inactive servers with very few "hours played per day". So those few people could keep the server running and have fun as long as they want, without excluding most players because they just don't have enough money to spend on transactions.

20. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    How do you think life work ? Do you think they can say "oh we have lots of player, so if we don't pay our debt, please, wait a bit more ?" If they don't pay, server close, that's all. Running a server takes times, i am not sure they can take everything on their own. There is a saving pot to be able to run the server without income for a month i think, but don't think they will pay for YOU to play xD

21. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    [network issue double/triple]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  22. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    [network issue double/triple]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018