1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The MyM Economy

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by SilentBane, Sep 9, 2015.

1. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    Ah apologies, miscommunication on my part.

2. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:51 AM
    That would be the part of my suggestion to hand out bonus money instead of claimblocks when a server starts. This would allow you to make that decision from the beginning if you wanted to team with someone. The other thing we could do with these is keep the buy rate at 1:1 but increase the sell rate so 10 claimblocks equals 1 mym. This lets people continue to group and create big claims but still allows a way to pull money out of the economy.

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    7:51 AM

4. SilentBane

Local Time:
    Shhh Chugga that was my way of trying to take cbros idea and make it mind :)

5. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    just like in D.I.E :p :hilarious:;)

cbrozak likes this.
  6. SilentBane

Local Time:
  7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    it was a joke, don't take it seriously :p

8. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    How about a dynamic market that sets price based on supply and demand instead of static prices like we have now?
    The shop idea seems viable, I've already seen players setup restaurants (with foodplus) and they were able to sell items, (I think the novelty might wear off quickly though.) I have seen players on b-team charging other player to live in their town, so that also seems like a good idea, you pay taxes and it comes out of your personal player vault.
    What about for those people who like PVP to have arenas (like Gladiator battles) you pay an amount to get in and you can win MYM's (or just fame (leaderboard ranks)) without having to worry about losing your stuff as when you enter the arena, your inventory is saved in a separate place and a new empty one is created with say a default assortment of arms and equipment. For those who don't like PVP.. (like me) you could do a catacombs thing, same basic idea, you pay for the chance to fight through waves of monsters to win a particular item/kit/credit/rank.

The lottery idea is intriguing. How about on the lottery instead of the option to win myms, you have the option to win claimblocks.. that way, you can remove the claimblocks from voting to encourage people to play the lottery.

Charge Mym's for lucky blocks (even the bad ones (ie the ones that give 24 typewriters or fence posts), but get rid of the instant death ones)

I also like the idea of MYM converting to credits... give the myms a "real cash value" after converting them to credits and you can then use the credits to download the map for your personal use or maybe have the ability to import a structure from a previous build competition (provided of course you have the space and claim blocks available.

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    the market already kinda is set by supply and demand, lol, thats why price wars have happened

10. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    but supply = infinity-1 demand is like over 9000

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    Wut? I think I know what you mean but the words in their order don't make any sense to me.

12. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    im saying that there is almost always a much greater supply than demand so after a week I can get things like stars for 10myms or something like that

Slind likes this.
  13. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Right, that's exactly the idea. they cost 10 myms because the person selling them has no need for myms anymore so his value goes down, dropping the server's value of the mym as well. If we created value, he would keep the price higher because he'd want to accumulate more myms because he has something to spend them on.

Easy example:

• Buy this unique cape to use network wide for 50myms.
    • Buy this cooler one for 500 myms!
    • Woah, even sweeter one for 5000 mym!
    • Snap! Because you unlocked all previous capes, get this super amazing everyone would be jealous of cape for 50,ooo myms!
    • Yup, that's right, this cape is worth every mym spent and is incredible, only 1 per server can be earned ever. 500,000 myms!

14. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    dont like the only 1 per server thing xD

15. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Man I think that's an awesome idea! Proves you are actually good at the pack, are efficient at it and is definitely something to show off! But like I said, just an example and probably wouldn't be the case for implementation ;P

16. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    I could see something like this though, for 500,000 myms you get your own custom cape(of your design or choosing).[DOUBLEPOST=1442288016][/DOUBLEPOST]but lets say someone 2x as efficient joins the server 3 months later, they have no chance at it

profrags likes this.
  17. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Yeah, and although that's a good point, they will have something to shoot for once the new servers open up ;)

18. HlgPlayer

HlgPlayer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    I think this is a good idea. It would add more activities and adventure to those bored players in the world and also act as a money sink. You can add mini games and such to. I tried making an arena for the purpose of adventures for people, but it was never popular because of no advertising. And totally stealing ideas from a hypixel server, you could even make some of the mini games with forced inventories where you don't get to bring personal gear in, but you can buy upgrades to your starting gear for RIDICULOUS amounts of money. Talking like 15,000 myms for a wood to stone upgrade on tools.

Also, sorta similar to the lottery and yet not really, you could maybe do market stocks? So people invest money in certain things and then it is either lost or goes up. And of course, you could just make the stock prices randomized.

19. cbrozak

Local Time:
    We did the minigames server, unfortunately not all staff liked it so much. This is more of an any modpack, any server, any situation money sink idea thread, not so much server ideas.

20. HlgPlayer

HlgPlayer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    Well, you could set it up in a way that instead of having a whole server dedicated to a bunch of mini games, you could have a personalized mini game/ arena/ dungeon for each server that can help define that server( I realize defining a server isn't an issue at all). But it doesn't even have to be big. Like you could add a spleef arena to hubris, and only hubris, that costs 100myms to play a game. Spleef isn't terribly hard to keep running, and would *hopefully* attract people to spend money on a game. It might even encourage players to go around on every server just to see the minigames. The paintball arena that used to be in the lobby, it might still be there I don't know, I always found fun and would occasionally play there for hours. If you charged a fee to play, it'd be a good way to eliminate money.