1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The MyM Economy

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by SilentBane, Sep 9, 2015.

1. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    Starts selling a stack of netherstar blocks for 3500 mym*

2. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:01 AM
    Hmmmm. Player or Moderator based shops sounds great. Have a server Real Estate Agent/s to sell plots of different sizes and maybe some creative building plots (with themes maybe) and maybe contests over builds. Have different shops specializing in certain areas and maybe some Service buildings. For people who have issues with certain mods (like a certain cat who cannot for the life of me get machines to work ; ) ). Or to help teach others how to do certain mods. Then they can hire collectors (for their materials). Basically, create an ecomony based server. Have a set limit of starting money per player, instead of myms for voting, maybe basic items (saplings, materials, tools, etc.). That way, everyone starts out with the same money and can build to be the richest or be a sharer. Encourage orchards, farms, etc. In maybe a zoned area. you could go off into the world and make it on your own, join the town district, live and work in the farm zone. Something like that. But that may be too much. You could be a part of the group or be off on your own. You get both free roaming and building or safety and companionship of town.

ItsNora_ likes this.
  3. PandaPie17

PandaPie17 New Member

Local Time:
    5:01 PM
    A Tax to sell items on the market, the charge comes out of the sold item so a player dosent have to pay up front if there poor

4. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    OT: Cbro and I were just talking about you a couple days ago. Glad to see you are still running along at mym :)

Demonica6666 likes this.
  5. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So pvp and economy, maybe a event UHC that run every week at that hours and you get some money when you finish, after die or win you can select where do you want the money be transferred

6. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If we are talking events...

1. Creative build world with separate inventory for build competition. 2x2 chunk for single and 5x5 chunk for team. Can start with competitions for spawns and pvp arenas.
    2. UHC pvp arena. Blacklist items, set competition times. Free for all and team fights. Can rotate servers weekly. Credit's for prizes and mym entry fee.

Demonica6666 likes this.
  7. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Glad to be back. I have missed playing and all of y'all!

8. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    I'm gonna bump this up and say that I would love a cape.

You could also maybe sell kits in the market for really high prices. Like 10K myms for an AE2 kit or something along those lines.

Another option would be to only give myms based on playtime. (2-5 myms per minute, with an ATM sign to collect them) Voting can get you points that you use on a separate point shop that doesnt change. ("2 vote points for an energy Cell" type of transactions).

This is how the shop was set up on an old server i used to play on, people seemed to like it.

9. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Im not a big fan of the whole "MyMs based on playtime" as this would indefinetly break the economy as well as the buying kits for MyMs as it is a donator only selectable...

10. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    2-5M/min is crazy maybe like 1 every 5-8min lol
    @PhantomRTW
    also I agree with mania mym for playtime used to exist and broke the econ even further than it is currently

11. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    really? back in the horizons days this was true and no one ever had over 40k myms.... how is that economy broken?

12. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    but on monster...[DOUBLEPOST=1443817532][/DOUBLEPOST]and in horizons it was 100 per ontime rank

13. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    on monster? people got that high without it, lol, they bought a ton of claimblocks then sold them all, netting them huge ammounts[DOUBLEPOST=1443818590][/DOUBLEPOST]
    do you not remember the price wars from monster? lol, i think those are still cheaper netherstars than that ammount...

14. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    but people had days of PT 1 day of PT with 5mym/min is 7200

15. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Guys... It was just an example guys.. Lol.

Anyways. Prices go low because people don't care about it after a while. If I am endgame with quarries and an autocrafting system, then why would I need myms for iron or saplings? If my storage is getting full, I'll sell off the items instead of deleting them, sure. But not for much, because I have so many.

So maybe selling some items that are mid game for myms would help that? From the server, not other players. Or maybe a "jobs" board or something? "Xx.xx myms for setting up my wool farm" or something along those lines? Something to keep people interested in the economy.

16. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    How about gaining MYM's for being online, but losing them for being offline for an extended period of time.
    Ex., Each hour you play online gives you 10 MYM. After 24 hours offline you start losing money at the rate of 5 MYM/hr.
    And possibly have something in the logs that the players can see to verify this. Kind of like a check registry.

17. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    I dont think that is fair considering some go on holidays/school without access to a PC and/or internet

18. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Lol my life doesn't revolve around minecraft. I don't want to be penalized for having other responsibilities :p

19. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What is this other life outside of Minecraft you speak of? ;-)

PhantomRTW likes this.
  20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    We had MyM's based on on time before, but it worked like this.
    first hour: 50 MyM's
    second hour: 40 MyM's
    third hour: 30 MyM's

reducing the income of highly active players and increasing it for those with low daily playtime.