1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done the outlands

Discussion in 'Regrowth' started by dailypeanut, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    Does this ever get reset ? I found a link in the FAQ from 2015 that mentions a reset of the outer lands but i have to yet witness this happening.

2. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    When you are looking for info on world/dim resets, MYM.LI/AFR is your goto destination.

Right at the top of the page, Outer Lands resets weekly. :cool:

3. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    yeah that's the page i'm talking about, but the outer lands don't reset at all ...

4. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    It's Thaumcraft's Outer Lands, they are notorious for issues in multiplayer. Depending on the pack you are playing on, you may have options for getting to other dungeon areas.

5. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    Playing on Regrowth, the option is flying through a void hoping to bump into a dungeon that still has a key room and boss room.

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Looks like it wasn't setup for regrowth, it should reset weekly now.

7. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    Awesome, looking forward to it ! Thank you :)

8. dailypeanut

Local Time:
    So it turns out that the reset of the outlands means that the whole zone is completely wiped. Making it so that all active portals will drop everyone into the void. We won't have any dungeons in that zone now untill we reopen the portal.

So it's kinda dangerous / death trap / wasted resources opening a portal a day before reset. Maybe time to rething this to a much longer reset delay or maybe a different solution if anyone can think of any ? But i would like to ask to put the reset of the zone on hold for a while :)

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    12:00 AM
    The problem is, this part of the mod is "buggy" for lack of a better term right now. There just really isn't a way to fix this issue. Admins in the past and I have tried figuring out a better way with no luck. :banghead:

10. Lato_Diafol

Lato_Diafol Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    Is a better way to enforce use of the gadomancy gate of the voidwalker? that way since the portals are "one time" things you don't really get this problem. of course for that youd have to add recipes for the pedestals and ancient stone blocks however since their freely available in the dim itself its not like they need to be hard to get. the randomisation focus and node pedestal are the blocks that carry the complexity. @Aidoneus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.