1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The witch hunt, or how mym looses their donators

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by caithleen, Dec 31, 2014.

1. 888leoj

888leoj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:21 AM
    alvearies arent even close to as bad as iapiaries

2. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    with automation? we will see .. this brought one of my past servers to the knee

3. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:21 PM
    Actually I tried to help you several times. You had a HUGE amount of fans. I simply gave you my opinion and offered you a better way. Once it became argumentative I disengaged and told you to let me know if I could help you when you were ready.

4. 888leoj

Local Time:
    automated forestry is still better than industrial apiaries but i do get your point

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    i've had setups on monster with more, and using extrautils conveyor belts, but that one everyone knows brought powered spawners to be banned

6. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I feel this was wrongly handled. 1 thing i want to mention is that the base wasent 1 person here. It was 8. I was a part of their team a bit. Dident build anything almost but still you cant delete 8 bases because the tps all of them strain is over a certan amount. If 1 player would have eaten that tps it would be one thing but we were 8 players toghether. I belive if all 8 were spread out we would have caused alot more tps problems just that it wouldent be showing on the top of opis because it would have been divided by 8 people.

Decnav and 888leoj like this.
  7. 888leoj

Local Time:
    ctacuk clearly stated thatmhe had permission to wipe our base of the server if he thought it was necessary

chugga_fan and Decnav like this.
  8. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I feel that removing of bases etc should be brought up with admins/founders before they do it.

888leoj and chugga_fan like this.
  9. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:21 AM
    I can't speak for ctacuk but I'm sure he did have the right permissions from an admin or owner before he issued that threat

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    so apparently all it takes is 1 person's permission to do something this drastic now? it took more to decide if DSs were banned then

11. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    hello problem!

888leoj and chugga_fan like this.
  12. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:21 AM
    I didn't say it was just one , I don't know how many it was but I'm like I said I'm sure he had the appropriate permissions to do it

13. 888leoj

Local Time:
    ctacuk said that admins at the time had given him clearance

14. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    The admin was me. To clarify, I explained how to handle the situation like I have done many times in the past, including the situation Decnav has explained earlier in this thread. Let's all settle down a bit for a second, staff included. Anything can be fixed, let us fix this.

Ghast12345678910 and JacaRoe like this.
  15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    and i'm sure if people like YOU who are the 3rd to know ANYTHING wrong with mym didn't know about it then there's a clout problem with the information[DOUBLEPOST=1420070901,1420070810][/DOUBLEPOST]
    tbh you're one of the best staff members (excluding slind and willi) on all of mym, you're nice, you will fix things peacefuly, and will try to get the best of bothworlds, but i still belive that sometimes situations have to be explained before base wipes happen, because that's pretty huge on the players playing there

16. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Take a deep breath, please explain to me what you would like to see happen with what has happened.[DOUBLEPOST=1420071053,1420070912][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I thank you for this. Let's solve it the same way here, best of both worlds. We can come to a compromise that we will all agree on. I promise this as long as it doesn't turn into an argument like the direction it's going. I'm talking to the staff here too, Arguments will get nothing accomplished.[DOUBLEPOST=1420071130][/DOUBLEPOST]I assure you, the way I intended the situation to be handled was NOT without warning. I said give ample opportunity for you to fix the problem before taking it into a co-admin's hands, clearly the warning wasn't communicated appropriately, we can fix that.

LucidTheStick and hansi132 like this.
  17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i don't know how this can be fixed anymore, which is kind of bad, because if there's problems like this going on where action is taken so quickly, (aka the base wipe my team was going to get) problems compound quite fast, because we were given 24 hours to clean up, and forums didn't even work, when the 24 hours were given i literaly said in public chat and you can ask TDT, "then you might aswell wipe the base NOW" and that was when forums was down, there's bigger problems

18. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Well, of course we have back ups we can reload, if you need to discuss anything about what the 24 hours were lets do that here, no problem.

19. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    me and decnav scrambling to comply of getting rid of bc pipes, using less than 8 (yes 8) me drives, moving storage to diffrent chunks, and having the42nddruid join in and 888leoj join in, and at this point the base is abandoned practically

888leoj likes this.
  20. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Let's talk about options;

Option number 1: We can reload the chunk/region onto the server, you can have the next 24-48 hours to scale back the systems. We would be glad to point out how to make things more efficient if there is anything or let you know the systems that are causing the most issues etc. If more time than that is needed to test the tps effects of the changes that's totally ok! As long as you are showing willingness to work with us, we will work with you too.

Option 2: A suggestion more than a for sure option; A second TDT server. Maybe donator rank only, maybe just a fresh public map. This decision would ultimately be Slind and Willi's and would not involve any transferring any inventories or bases. Feel free to add on to this suggestion.

Option 3: A chugga and friends server, powered by donations, subscription style. You pay the base rate monthly cost, whether through you or your chosen whitelisted friends' donations, as long as it hits the base rate we will supply it with staff and maintain it as if it were another MyM server. You choose the pack and whitelisted people, we take care of it.

Can you think of another option?

888leoj, chugga_fan and Bennyboy1695 like this.