1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Thermoelectric Generators not producing power

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by Zippity_Doodah, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    In Age of Engineering, I'm trying to use an Immersive Engineering Thermoelectric Generator, and have it setup correctly according to every guide I've read... Yet it still produces no RF power... Is it turned off for some reason? Every guide I've found regarding Age of Engineering suggests them as a possible RF power source, so unsure what's going wrong... I've tried hooking them up to an IE LV Capacitor, didn't help...

Thanks,

Zip

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:47 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.

SanndyTheManndy and Minnow91 like this.
  3. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:47 AM
    There are multiple possible issues. Pictures would greatly help.
    1. Are you sure you have proper surroundings of the generator? You have to have a cold block/liquid on one side and on the other side hot block/liquid.
    2. To which side do you connect cables or capacitors? I think that those generators only accept top (maybe bottom too).
    3. Do you have properly configured capacitor? Remember, they have blue sides for input and orange sides for output. Make sure to connect the generator to the input, not the output.

If you are unsure about something from IE, try whacking it with the hammer and observing the results.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:47 PM
    I'll go with booker on this one, provide us with pictures of your setup. The last few times players have asked it has been a design flaw in their setup.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  5. Zippity_Doodah

Local Time:
    Dropbox - 2018-04-28_08.04.11.png

In accordance with the mod developers list of liquid combinations, lava (Temp 1300) on one side and water (Temp 300) on the polar opposite should work... As you can see in the picture, the block is showing Zero RF produced within itself, and the LV Capacitor is also at Zero RF... I used Immersive Engineering wiring to connect the top of the block to the top of the Capacitor, with the top of the Capacitor set to Blue for Input... It should be producing around 15 RF/Tick with this setup, around 30 RF/Tick if I do the same thing with the other 2 sides (Which I've also tried)... I've used these things dozens of times on other servers (mostly MyM servers), so I'm very familiar with their setup... Unless something has changed in the AoE modpack and newer versions of the Mod itself over the last 6 or so months (which about how long or so since I've played with the IE Mod prior to yesterday)... I've tried switching it around as well... I even tried using MV Connectors with MV wire instead of LV Connectors and LV Wires (like in the image) and still nothing...

The Thermoelectric Generator is only ever set to output, but even then it should have it's own internal reserve showing some activity, but it doesn't...

Perhaps there are some changes to the allowable substances in the AoE modpack that I just didn't run into when searching for solutions to this issue before posting here?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  6. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Iirc the inputs were changed. Ill check the code tonight (currently at work) to see what they are if they were changed.

Inputs not changed. PEBKAC issue.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  7. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:47 AM
    Please, could you try using yellorite block instead of lava? If I remember correctly, I ran my base on yellorite blocks + packed ice.

8. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Three things....
    1. Do not use the Wire relays as they do not transmit power to the blo0ck they are connected to, only to wires. You want to connect those two with the Wire Connectors.
    2. Design Flaw
    3. @wyndman you can mark this as closed if you like.
    Also, here is a good example on how each of the items I listed in #1 work. Please notice how the relay is relaying the power between two wires, while the Connectors trasfers the power into what it is connected to. Hope this helps. :)
    [​IMG]

Chezzik likes this.
  9. Zippity_Doodah

Local Time:
    Gotsta love it... When I run into some yellorite I'll give that suggestion a go... For the time being, I've moved beyond it... Most of the guides I used were specific to AoE, but you never know with these mod's and mod packs sometimes...

I wasn't so worried about RF transfer, as I couldn't even get the block to generate power with water and lava... No biggie...

Thanks everyone for offering up suggestions and looking into the issue... I appreciate it...

Zip

10. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Ok, maybe it was not clear.

• Lava and water work fine.
    • Your setup was wrong.

11. Zippity_Doodah

Local Time:
    Thank you again for your assistance... In the future, when I attempt that setup again, I'll go with what you posted... For the time being, I've moved beyond using this device (as I stated above), mostly because I just gave up on it and went with alternative means of RF generation... It looks like I had the lava/water setup correctly (according to your picture), and it was just the RF transfer setup I had wrong... Which still makes me wonder why the wiring should matter for the device to just produce power, regardless where I was wiring it to... Oh well, not really worried about it anymore...

Thanks again for your explanation, as well as taking the time to look into it...

Zip