1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Tier 5 Donator Godmode removal

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by umuYuyu, Jul 1, 2015.

?

What version of T5 Donator would you want?

1. Original (T5)

47.1%
  2. Modified (T5+)

17.1%
  3. Original + Modified (T5 or T5+)

31.4%
  4. Other (Discuss!)

5.7%
  5. Potato

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynameisAK

mynameisAK Walking Modded-MC Wikipedia.

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
    What if the Thaumcraft4 Research was added to the modified version of T5? (Just a thought)

Or that there are certain Nodes that have no commands on (/home or anything, more hardcore survival instead of normal)

2. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like the idea of Having a "Hardcore Node" But i got a feeling that would split the nodes into People who paid and people who did not.

3. mynameisAK

mynameisAK Walking Modded-MC Wikipedia.

Local Time:
    Maybe not though, even non-donors have access to /tpa, /home, /spawn and the like. Hardcore node would be like having no plugins (much like Departed - most fun I've had in a while pre-OPCrossbow). The server would generally run a lot slower and have a longer life just because the movement speed of players and way players play will be a lot more careful.

Lawmonark, Chetwynd and crazar like this.
  4. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Quite a Valid point. I might bring this up.

5. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    another possibility would be to have a named+NBT-tagged armor set(diamond)[given via kit with 24 hr cooldown] - helmet(to allow goggles of revealing) and a script running that checks the following:
    1. are all three pieces equipped
    2. is the player in the T5 group
    3. if true set godmode to active, if false set it to off

6. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    Not a fan of that simply because half the reason I keep god-mode on is because I like being able to show my skin. Armor is nice, but it's probably the biggest aesthetic weakpoint in Minecraft, and I like the ability to not wear armor if I feel like it.

7. AdrianVaughan

AdrianVaughan Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    FYI i don't see chicken in the vote list lucid will not be happy :p

8. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    the potato has a great legacy. Lucid's chicken shall never surpass or come close to the greatness of this:
    [​IMG]

Lawmonark likes this.
  9. elemage

elemage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i am 100% against the removal of god mode, i mean it is one of the reasons i paid with real money for the tier 5 rank. among other reasons was the ability to make mystcraft ages which since is no longer supported since monster was removed. ive seen some of the suggestions and they just cant make up for godmode, in ability... or price. yeah its OP but not having to worry about dying is part of the fun for me. i can do what i want with little worry. it all goes back to if you don't want it don't do it. don't like godmode? don't use it. for those who complain godmode is to OP for other players buy godmode and then do whatever with it. don't take my fun away.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Aamia and julio1237878 like this.
  10. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    another possibility would be having an option to have godmode on x server would likely have to be done manually, with it enabled by defualt, but just a thread where T5 donors are able to ask for it to be disabled on certain servers so they cant use it. with things such as godmode if you have the ability to use it it can be hard not to even if you would prefer not using it.

elemage likes this.
  11. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:25 PM
    -snip

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Chetwynd likes this.
  12. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Agreed

Aamia and elemage like this.
  13. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The only thing thats missing from this suggestion is the word anarchy :3

14. umuYuyu

umuYuyu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    How about instead of /god you can use /afk which makes you freeze in place unable to interact with the world and placed in godmode so you can go afk and not be killed randomly!

Chetwynd likes this.
  15. elemage

elemage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    in my opinion if i wanted something like that id just box myself in with some dirt. and think about it this way. how many people would drop a hundred something dollars(us) for tier 5 with a perk like that? should just add an option for those who dont want to use it to disable it. something like /godmode permdisable there by disabling it the entire time the person is on that server until it resets. or gets a mod to re enable it. as someone who has tier 5 i want to move around and not have to worry.

Rednek_Rage likes this.
  16. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Dirt box = Starvation :p

17. rootbeeralaska

rootbeeralaska Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    the Bound Armor can go omega and I found a way to make it last infinitly and omega armor= Invincibility if your in the right area

18. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    Honestly, making a /afk is not really any help. It's as the above said, you can just surround yourself with dirt, if you're not moving yo ucan survive a very long time w/o food, especially if you saturate yourself, like with /feed or good food. That usage of /god is ONE among multiple, and honestly I think based on the opinions of the people posted, seems like the best solution really would be to allow players either to pick between god-mode or some other perks when donating, OR opt to disable it for themselves on specific servers.

Also, as said, you CAN choose to turn it off, if you so choose. Not really that hard. I would be in favor of disabling it for the first week or so of a mod-pack however, (and after Overworld resets) In order to make it more fair for the players who do not have it.

AlphaRue and elemage like this.
  19. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    I still find the issue that Bosses are gone in the frst few hours of the server being up. Which provides a dis-advantages.

20. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    So if I understand correctly, the primary objection against god mode is the fact that people use it to quickly loot any dungeons available. So why don't we add another farm world with dungeons where god is disabled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.