1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Trees growing weird

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by chugga_fan, Apr 20, 2018.

1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    So it appears that trees when naturally growing grow without effects will grow without removing the sapling, causing all treefarms to break and some trees (slimy) to not grow in the first place, this happens with EVERY sapling, can someone take a look at this? Thanks

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    ... What do you mean growing without effects?

3. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Not being grown by watering can, by bonemeal, etc. Just growth by random tick
    [doublepost=1524180788][/doublepost]Update: Trees have stopped growing in their entirety now, and I don't know why
    [doublepost=1524184663,1524180726][/doublepost]UPDATE: It seems to be caused by having the saplings claimed, this bug affects other things such as open crates as well, thanks @Zippity_Doodah for finding it

4. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:18 AM
    Yup, tree saplings within a claimed area either do not grow at all, or grow on top of the sapling, or grow extremely slowly... Open Crate, vanilla Dropper, Ember's Dropper will consume items rather then drop them into the world... And the Tinker's Lumber Axe doesn't chop... The issue with the trees happened the other day for a short time, and went away... It started up again this afternoon, and then progressively the other issues within a claim started... I tested moving my claim borders to see if things would start working correctly, once unclaimed, and they did... As soon as they were back in a claim, the issues started again... Unsure what is causing it, but it started with just being a tree related issue...

Thank you to Chugga for helping me with testing the issue to determine I wasn't the only one seeing the issue...

I opened and updated a ticket as we did our troubleshooting...

UPDATE - Once the server did a restart, all these problems went away... But since this is not the first instance of this occurring, I wonder if the underlining cause is going to rear it's ugly head again, once some time has passed...

UPDATE (4-23-2018) - Well, so far that issue has not occurred again, but I'll keep you posted if it does...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:18 PM
    Marking as done for now.

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Re-opening as the issue has occured, AGAIN.