1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Twilight forest

Discussion in 'GT New Horizons' started by alphaest, Nov 24, 2020.

1. alphaest

alphaest Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    As i understood you have disabled twilight forest on all the 1.7 and 1.6 servers since it produces lag for the server.
    However.
    This modpack is heavily tied into it and upon disabling it no-one can progress in this pack past the LV tier.
    Only a few things:
    * All twilight bosses drops are used in Thaumcraft wand recipies. For example Notice Thaumaturge->Greatwood wand
    * The moss found in twilight is used for making the TiCo moss ball upgrade.
    * Ores only in twilight: GTNewHorizons - Google Tabellen
    ** Those include: Lead for making batteries for gregtech.
    ** Shards for thaumcraft
    ** Cobaltite a source of the rare Arsenic for diodes
    * Tons of quests directly related to twilight and its progression. Are we going to skip those?

So what's the plan?

Sannukun likes this.
  2. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:16 AM
    Hi alphaest,

On 1.7 packs like infinity, there are methods of obtaining all the twilight forest items and mobs with modified crafting recipes. I'm not sure if this is the case on the new GTNH server. I'll bump this to our @Administrator team to propose a solution.

3. alphaest

alphaest Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    How do you propose to fix the quests that ask you to reach twilight zone or kill a lich boss and so on?

4. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There was transformation powder which allow you to convert vanilla mobs to their TF counterparts. However, I don't think that includes the bosses. Not sure how this will be implemented, waiting for an admin opinion.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    There is an update to the Twilight Forest that is reported to fix all the old issues. GT: Horizons has this updated TF.

I have been testing it and generated the world on the test server. So far, it all seems stable. Ran it for 8 hrs last night with me running around the dim. It held a steady 20 tps on /cofh tps and the mobs, etc seemed to not cause any issues. So, I think it's working ok.

With that said, I have no experience with the issues it had before so I am waiting on thumbs up from SirWill or Aido before I roll it out. Once we do though, please keep in mind it will be experimental and we may have to remove it later due to performance issues.

6. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    Twilight Forest has been enabled - and seems to be working fine. Please keep in mind it's EXPERIMENTAL for the moment and if it causes performance issues we'll have no choice but to disable it.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  7. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Did you add it to the MyM portal system?

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  8. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    Checking on that now. Everything regarding TF is commented out and disabled for the portals. So I need to check with SW and Aido before I mess with that just in case the code isn't right or something.

9. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:16 PM
    I’m just glad to see the developer was able to finally fix the long-standing lag issues with the 1.7 version of the mod now let’s just hope all the other 17 mod packs that have twilight forest update with the new version.