1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Unable to launch modpack

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by AmeliaFireFox, May 5, 2017.

1. AmeliaFireFox

AmeliaFireFox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:11 PM
    I am using the MYM Launcher, however everytime I try to run Galactic Science it doesn't work. I've trying using ATlauncher, same unexplained crashing. I don't have Nvidia, so no Nvidia drivers, all AMD here. here is the crash log, what else you need to help me with this problem?

2. Pixel_Errante

Pixel_Errante Tenebris Viator /The Lost Codex Pixel

Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    How many RAM is allocated for the modpack? Try to delete the modpack and re-install it , pay attention for download the correct version, try to use the curse laucher, is gratis

3. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    I allocated 50% of my total 8gb to the modpack. (4gb)
    already deleted and reinstalled, did that before I posted in the forum.
    already tried curse launcher, hated it, and all my friends hated it.
    Downloading the correct version?? The latest version is the only one that I can download, and there are no updates for it.
    The MYM launcher's version is (4.3.1.0) if that helps at all. Also latest, never gave me a chocie for any others.

4. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  5. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:

here ya go

6. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:11 AM
    Hey hey, go to Galactic Science folder and delete "options" txt file, then try to run it again. Just a thought, I think I have read is somewhere else.

7. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    It loaded a bit farther, but then crashed again. Here is the new crash log and crash-report.

- crash log (from MYM launcher)

- crash-report

8. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Have you tried with deleting options.txt in the modpacks folder?

Also, the parameters seems not ok for me, these ones:

JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms1024M -Xmx4004M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M

Could you change max heap size to multiplier of 1024? I mean this parameter: -Xmx4004M, it has some odd number, maybe it will help.

9. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    Yeah I put in a rough amount for the ram cause I didn't remember the number XD It's 4096 now, so exactly 4GB of ram dedicated to the game.
    I was watching as it loaded, and everything seems good when loading, but then it hits that last part right before the exit code, and it seems to tumble over like a house of cards. The options.txt was already deleted. When I did, it loaded a little bit farther than normal but still crashing. Want new crash logs/reports?

10. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:11 PM
    Hard force update, something is wrong with your copy of "thedalekmod".

wyndman likes this.
  11. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    Thank you, will do so as soon as possible, will post if worked or not[DOUBLEPOST=1494057113,1494039619][/DOUBLEPOST]Still didn't work. Seems to be same problem as before, but I don't know.

(crash-report)

(MYM log)[DOUBLEPOST=1494057581][/DOUBLEPOST]If you can continue to be patient with me, and help me, that'd be awesome. I really want to play this modpack again[DOUBLEPOST=1494057786][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE~~~~
    I tried the Curse Launcher, didn't have high hopes, considering even the ATlauncher failed me, however the Curse launcher did give me an error: "Error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -12" and here is the crash-report

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    It's the same error as before. Is this about Galactic Science, since it is not available on the ATLauncher?

I just did a clean reinstall of Galactic Science on the MyM Launcher and it worked without any errors.

13. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    @SkylerNight I'll be at a computer in about 3 hours, if your online find me on TeamSpeak. You will need to have installed Team Viewer 11 on your computer.

14. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    Well atlauncher has 'galacticcraft' which didn't work. I don't why it gives me these errors, every other pack seems to work for me. I been playing bevos tech pack on atlauncher just fine. Also, no teamviewer. I don't know what to do to fix this.[DOUBLEPOST=1494065788,1494065023][/DOUBLEPOST]Did a reinstall, I don't know if it was a "clean" reinstall, so if you could give instructions on how to do that, just to make sure I did it right, that'd be great, but I did a reinstall and it came up with same error. Any idea where the problem could be located at?[DOUBLEPOST=1494066453][/DOUBLEPOST]When looking, i noticed my JVM path is empty, is this normal?

15. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
  16. Ash00182

Ash00182 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:11 AM
  17. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Galacticcraft is not the same as Galactic Science. Galactriccraft is a mod, Galactic Science is a modpack. You can find it on the Curse/Twitch launcher or the MyM launcher.

18. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    My launcher is the MYM launcher, and my OS is windows 10.

19. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Open the launcher.
    Right click the pack
    Select hard force update.

20. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    Alright[DOUBLEPOST=1494090349,1494089104][/DOUBLEPOST]Did a hard force update (third time doing it) and it still crashes.[DOUBLEPOST=1494090613][/DOUBLEPOST]deleted my version of the dalekmod and put in the version gave to me by Ash. It seems like it might be something local, on my computer, which would explain why when trying on Curse and on the MYM launcher, neither worked.
    Here are my computer specs if that helps
    -AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
    -AMD Radeon R7 250 Series (graphics card)
    -8gb RAM
    -Windows 10 OS

Last edited: May 6, 2017