1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Updated] Infinity Evolved Reset and Downscale

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, Mar 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OskarnikPL

OskarnikPL Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
  2. MrSnuggies

MrSnuggies Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    bleh, this just killed my mood to log in :banghead:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    LadyRen13 likes this.
  3. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 PM
    My biggest worry is if evolved Expert is reset, then it will die out soon ish.
    I know a few people, myself included, will not restart infinity expert, again... and just find other packs to play. (In my case other games, I'm kinda minecrafted out but am pushing for a finish on infinity evolved, for my third time... (Base got reset other two times, keeping my endgame items gave me the push I needed to try to continue) Just had a busy few weeks)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2019
    LadyRen13 likes this.
  4. OskarnikPL

OskarnikPL Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    The reset of Normal nodes is inevitable. All you have to do is ping someone appopriate and push for Expert to stay.

5. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    4:26 PM
    And I countered everything in it. Edit: Also node 1 was the newest node out of the 2 normal ones. 6 was here before node 1 became a thing (again)

p5k likes this.
  6. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would be all for a vote of keeping expert. I play there often and it has a pretty solid base of active players.

7. Minnow91

Minnow91 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    Pushing Normal mode aside for this comment as I understand the reasons for doing so, the original announcement needs a edit to include the later statement of expert mode there for making it more "official". I strongly suggest a poll be attached to the top of the page for players to vote on expert if not done so I think higher up's need to go back to watchdog and look at the numbers for expert at weekends ect the above opening statement sounds like it was written up just for normal only.

Correct me if am wrong this is the last of the expert 1.7 packs right with no replacement other than 1.10 and higher?

8. ElectricPoof

ElectricPoof Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I agree. Is voting to keep expert open a possibility? I don't want to quit, it's the only pack I was interested in after Regrowth. The idea of starting my own server isn't appealing, and single player is lonely :/

LadyRen13, OskarnikPL and Necro6300 like this.
  9. WurgerSD

WurgerSD Team Shenanigans

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    The initial post reads like only the normal difficulty nodes will be removed; however, reading further it shows that this condensing will include expert? It would be disappointing if all of them are included. Keep expert going as-is. Just condense non-expert.

10. MrSnuggies

MrSnuggies Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like Wurger's idea.

LadyRen13 and ElectricPoof like this.
  11. Necro6300

Necro6300 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    nah this is silly normal nodes i can agree with as new players come n go like no tomorrow but expert or hard mode you just having the word "hard" in its name puts off the less serious minecrafters so hardly anyone thats not playing for keeps join's and if they do they find it to hard before they can do anything to destroy the world n leave, i also notice that like me the only ones who have any objection to this are the people of hard mode, don't reset our world guys normal nodes yeah go for your life but to get anywhere in expert takes a lot of time and like spore said if you reset this expert node alot of the players will not be moving back to infinity and expert will die out, the one that still play are quite invested into there bases and have gotten a decent way into the pack if u kill it now i dont think many are wanting to start over,

please reconsider the expert node reset just let us Live lol

12. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 PM
    I know this isnt Normal. But I am all for a world reset on Expert, but let us keep everything on us, giving us the option to put our base into storage and then keep our progress, while just requiring us to rebuild our bases, I am totally cool with. But I really dont want to have to go through the pack AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2019
    Vateg, OskarnikPL and ElectricPoof like this.
  13. ElectricPoof

ElectricPoof Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would be ok with that as well, better than complete restart.

OskarnikPL likes this.
  14. rohtvak

rohtvak Member

Local Time:
    I just started the expert server a couple weeks ago, at which point I was told that the expert server never (or nearly never) resets. Since I'm new it's less painful for me of course. But the issue is, this makes me question how often resets actually occur around here. When was the last one for expert? If it's being run more like a business, with resets all the time, I'd be outta here pretty fast. I really can't put a year or two into Expert Mode without knowing it'll stay around for a couple years afterwards. Additionally, the over-world does not seem destroyed whatsoever. I, as a new player, was easily able to find a great place for a base, just by walking around for a bit (the usual process for finding a good looking spot). Keeping of items would be more sensible, but the whole thing seems silly.

Vateg, OskarnikPL and MrSnuggies like this.
  15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If expert mode is shut down and that's what I am getting from the post, I would like to encourage all expert mode fans to play on Infinity Skyblock, which is basically the same progression. (More or less)
    This will keep its numbers stable, so we will at least keep one version of Infinity Expert Mode.

16. OskarnikPL

OskarnikPL Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    So... The majority of players don't want Expert to be reset.
    Nobody else has done this, so...

@SirWill , could we please request that a poll be added regarding the reset of Expert?

LadyRen13 likes this.
  17. Vateg

Vateg Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:26 AM
    Please do not reset infinity expert :((((((

18. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So if understand the edit to the post correctly, we are keeping the nodes, they're just being reset?

19. SX00

SX00 Active Member

Local Time:
    Well, frickitty frockitty :mad:... I had just finished my Witchery tower!! :arghh:

OREGENERATOR, ContinuedAsh and p5k like this.
  20. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    Protip: Use schematica to make a schematic of it and then rebuild it. Also I feel your pain even though I haven't been on for a while lol

SX00, Vateg and p5k like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.