1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanilla Terrafirmacraft, Would you play it?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Lawmonark, Oct 19, 2015.

?

Would you play vanilla TFC?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Potato

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    4:49 AM
    ah, my mistake chugga, but everyone i know that plays on mym uses the launcher to save time, because really, who wants to fiddle about with pack versions when the launcher does it auto in every update, its like sacrificing convenience for principle, i have FTB launcher anyways, but i only play on MyM servers atm, so i just use the launcher and call it a day

2. dayglo123

dayglo123 Member

Local Time:
    12:49 PM
    I would play it if the ip was released publically instead of only on the MYM launcher, because I can't run 64 bit Java. But I can run terrafirmacraft!

3. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    4:49 AM
    even if it wasnt, someone could just hit edit on the ip and share it with the world

4. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would enjoy a revisit to this mod. Played it on a local network and loved it. As to a custom pack dedicated to mym I am all for it. There are some packs you can only get on some launchers. For instance we run a crundee craft server and yet we are not allowed to put it on our launcher. To me it makes sense to have an exclusive pack as it would promote our servers. We yes want to make things as easy for the players as we can but we also should be promoting our servers and packs as well. If it winds up getting approved for the ftb launcher then so be it but until then let's run it.

5. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:49 AM
    While I like the idea of TFC, I don't see myself actually playing it. It's very, very grindy, and something about the amount of work you do drives me nuts. Though there are some aspects about it that I would like trying out... So no, leaning towards a maybe.

6. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:49 PM
    Pein_Rikudo and Ksparlor like this.
  7. Ksparlor

Ksparlor Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  8. Win_J

Win_J Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    Yes, and this could possibly get more people looking into the MyM forums as there are alot of people who do not actually follow the news in the forums

9. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    that darkness mod is client side and can be removed. But its really nice with the dynamic lighing mod.

10. Ksparlor

Ksparlor Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    oh okay great I like being able to see at night lol I play on ark with gamma set to 4

11. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    I updated the pack to be just a great pack with TFC as the base, removed the hardcore aspect and even got the questbook working to help explain TFC and the transition between mods (mostly for personal play). I could update the technic download and maybe Slind would put it back on the launcher as 'LIVE' (Living Is Very Entertaining) ;P if there was enough interest that is.

12. KCSpence

KCSpence Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I love Terrafirmacraft. I used to play on a server a long time ago.

When I started playing on the MyM servers, I was excited to see the D.I.E. pack, but holy moly that was freakin' hard. It was WAY too hardcore for my style and preferences in play.

There is a pretty neat pack that I would love to see MyM do, and that is something called Technofirmacraft. It has a few different mods added to the pack, but it's not crazy hard like D.I.E.

Btw- cbrozak, I love the name L.I.V.E. Lol.

My vote is yes, with an additional option for Technofirmacraft. :) (It's on the FTB server, code: technofirma)

Thanks,
    KCSpence

13. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would play it if it wasn't hard like D.I.E and if my computer could handle it.

Technofirmacraft is 64-bit or 32-bit is enough?

14. KCSpence

KCSpence Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    <<Technofirmacraft is 64-bit or 32-bit is enough?>>

I actually don't know. I saw it a while back in a youtube vid. I didn't try to play it. lol

Thanks,
    KCSpence

15. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    you can play it on 32bit.... might need optifine.
    TFC is not too stressing on a pc. It should be able to run on 1gb, you may run into issues around large farms.

The best test is to download it and try.

16. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    9:49 AM
    Soo is there any news on this i really wish there is a server for the modpacks mention above terrefirma its a really neat stuff

Ksparlor likes this.
  17. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    I've always wanted to play TFC. I tried DIE but I didn't really know where to start xD.

18. tommypoints

tommypoints Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If PVP/Raiding is in this proposal then I'm definitely out. I might go back to TFC. I wished DIE was attempted without the extra layer of PVP/Raiding. I enjoyed the challenges in the pack but not while also trying to hide everything I was doing to overcome those challenges. To be honest I was less concerned with the PVP and more concerned with the raiding. Especially in a pack that almost required farming. Also finding animals was a major issue by the time I played it.

I am also concerned the pack will hold interest with just TFC. Maybe somewhere in between vanilla TFC and DIE from a challenge perspective. Maybe that would not turn off as many people but also separate from all the other TFC servers.

The L.I.V.E. option would be ideal over YAVTFC server (Yet another vanilla terra firma craft) server. It would allow MYM to strike a balance in challenge while also have HQM to help guide players through.

cbrozak likes this.
  19. dayglo123

dayglo123 Member

Local Time:
    Why hasn't this happened yet? We need it. And I am all about the no PvP/raiding. That would make terrafirmacraft SUCK.

20. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Problem with too many mods with TFC.... is compatibility. The pack i listed above is TFC with its most compatible plugin mods.