1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Wand of Animation durability

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by LSautter, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    Booker, still don't have my PC set up from my move. Can't get in game yet.

LSautter, I already finished PO2Kappa. Sidon and I finished the questbook, turned in our Swords of the Cosmo for the Achievements, and moved on. I built an infinity pickaxe head and mined bedrock for most of what we needed.

I went to PO2Normal afterwards, and built my Gem Armor. It can be done.

2. LSautter

LSautter Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @Broklyn_Datroll Might I ask, what was you're EMC generation before the wand and after the wand? Excluding the creative tank because that is obviously the best.

3. Broklyn_Datroll

Local Time:
    Netherstar farm in Last Millennium, with VERY modest amount of Sprinklers. I had 4 Agricraft farming stations with Octadic Capacitor upgrades, 19x19 each, using only 16 Sprinklers each, Gold Chunk loaded. I mined bedrock from the roofs of the Nether and Deep Dark when I was online and wanted EMC faster.

I used the Wand for blocks I actually intended to use, like Infinity Blocks, not as an EMC shortcut.

4. LSautter

LSautter Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That is fair. Never cared for agricraft farming stations. Bedrock sadly did get nerfed from like 400m to 8m which is a bummer. No more OP EMC.

5. Broklyn_Datroll

Local Time:
    When you create a modpack, you get the right to change things like EMC values. Harsh as it sounds, and I have complete faith some members of our community will only see is that way, I stand by my earlier comment that it is meant to be difficult.

6. ItsTyrone

ItsTyrone Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    I'm inclined to agree that a crafting recipe with the erebus fiber and the wand sounds completely reasonable. You're using the resource you would be using anyway, but without having to rely on good TPS for it to be effective. It sounds like a fantastic workaround for the server setting, and honestly I don't really see a downside.

Oh, it's absolutely intended to be difficult, but the difficult part is supposed to be crafting the wand, not repairing it. Keep in mind that the wand was already modified to craft additional items instead of animating blocks (a solid decision for lowering server lag), so it is already is more difficult than in the original pack - if you were just playing it solo, you would use it on the block you wanted to replicate and then you're good to go for that block forever with an autospawner. I'm not complaining about that decision, but if that's what it takes for server stability, having repair be more consistent on it seems like a good trade-off.

Just my thoughts :D

7. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:47 AM
    @BookerTheGeek i think a recipe for repairs should be good with the item normally used for the repair: Elastic Fibre | The Erebus Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
    perhaps it needs 8 of them if you repair it with a crafting recipe instead of using the altar.

or we can use a late game item to make it infinite durability (having the wand an elastic fibre pretty much makes it infinite)

8. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    but i have to agree you dont really need to be able to repair it with a recipe or make it infinite durability, the altar is working most of the times if you dont use it in an area with alot of entities (prevents the repaired wand to replace the old one). also there are like 10 ways of getting alot of emc pretty fast

9. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:47 PM
    Can do. You going to o line tinight in about 8 hours? Need you to run a command ingame for me please.

10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    @BookerTheGeek I can help you with this. I will be online. I have a lot of recipe like fixes I need to do across servers anyways

11. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    qq

12. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    Would it be feasible to instead have it spawn a mob carrying the block's dropped state, which I think would drop the block on death? This should avoid the issues with the way the Erebus dev has decided to deal with the mobs, while also allowing the pack dev's original auto-spawning mechanic to be used.

13. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Nope.
    MFR spawners don't spawn the mob with the items it was holding, even if "spawn exact copy" is selected.

14. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    According to the MFR repo, it appears that it sets the drop chances on all equipment slots of exact copy mobs to 0. It does, however, maintain all other entity NBT data, so it should be possible to take this a step further down the line and leave the block to drop in an NBT tag, alongside a listener for a LivingDropsEvent with that tag.

Not sure how complex that would be using sponge plugins, I have a feeling there was a past issue with Sponge not working with NBT data particularly well, but it's a relatively simple process for forge mods at least.

15. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:47 AM
    Thats not a fair trade at all....
    [doublepost=1500234384,1500233755][/doublepost]
    Isnt that the size of a huge nether star farm what admins wish to destroy?

16. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    The wand has 64 Durability. This is not something I set, but something that is set by the mod author. Yes we could work around that, but that is.... annoying to do so. We also added a repair recipe.

We did increase the amount you get from 8 to 12, so there is that. If you feel more blocks, or different blocks should be added to the wands crafting duplication recipes, please let me know and they can be considered. Only rule being they have to be blocks that can be placed in the world, Not have an inventory, and are full sized blocks.

So while Iron Blocks work, cache would not work, nor would a torch.

17. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Add a duplication recipe for cobblestone. [​IMG]

18. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Sorry about the delay. I have a new and improved script to add a different repair method and increased the amount of blocks you get per durability. When I get home, I can upload it to the servers

19. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    The one we did, or different?

20. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    One we did.