1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Weather on Infinity Evolved Servers

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by MBacon15, Nov 22, 2015.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    What exactly is defined as abuse then?

Because I suspect many players would immediately try to automate it with a rain sensor if they new the rainmaker was allowed to be used, and again having a way for players to turn off the rain on demand but no way to turn it on is kinda unfair to players who do want it to rain sometimes.

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    If someone turns if off all the time.
    You can't do it right for all.

3. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    Well. I think we need a temporary fix of having someone come toggle the rain off. It isn't just annoying, it makes starting bees impossible and a lot of players are complaining about the fact that it has been raining forever now.

Also, I don't think people should have to spend MyM to turn the rain off. Ex: I personally don't want to pay 500 MyM every time it rains just so I can keep breeding bees.

4. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    10:01 AM
    Well if rain is the problem if you are using gendustry you can use the rain upgrade which makes your bees work even if it is raining and it only requires bee wax which you get from comb

5. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Unless you're playing expert mode where you have to breed up to infinity bees in order to be able to craft any kind of gendustry machine ;)

6. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    good point chaos :p i forgot about expert mode

7. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    My reasoning behind setting a high cost for it is the same reasoning behind the old perm warp removal sign costing 2800myms to use, it should have a high price so people don't use it all the time just for the sake of it, if you genuinely need to turn the rain off to continue breeding bees then 500myms should be acceptable to you, and then you just need to make the most of the time to breed as far as you can towards imperial bees so you can then turn it off using the rainmaker from that point on.

If we added a sign to turn the rain off, and didn't put a price on it (or a very low price) then literally every time it starts raining someone would go and turn it off, and again that wouldn't be fair to the few players who actually want it to rain for some reason.

8. Bolivari

Bolivari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And on the other hand, there are some days where there is only sun sun sun and sun.. ;)

9. DarkHeated666

DarkHeated666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Disagree with most/all counts.
    If it must be done, a sign at spawn with a warning is a must.
    I play as a vampire, and if someone can click a sign and bam rain stops or day comes, I am instantly dead.
    So if it must be implemented, a delay say "Day in x seconds" is needed. Or "Rain ending in x seconds"

10. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Again, I have never mentioned anything about a sign to make it day on demand so I have no idea why people seem to think otherwise... time manipulation is something we would never do, but as far as rain goes, if you choose to go outside in the rain when you know it is day time and the rain then suddenly stops that is your own fault, as even if we didn't have a sign to stop the rain it could still turn off when you're not expecting it to.

11. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Think is because the original post was about not being able to sleep, which reset the weather clock. Im not sure if just changing the weather to clear solves that issue. If this is just about stopping the rain, Sirwill already mentioned a way for players to stop it. Alternatively there are biomes in which it does not rain.

chugga_fan likes this.
  12. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Yes, when you turn the rain off with commands it resets the timer so it shouldn't rain again for another 2 day/night cycles.

Equally unhelpful for bee breeding though as the biomes in which it doesn't rain have too high temperature and too low humidity for most bees to work in ;)

13. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    One word fixies that: gendustry :p

14. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Dude seriously o_O

15. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    Fine, live in a magical forest that's in the middle of a desert, i didn't see that btw, go out, and have your bees ONLY in that forest, but anything else inside the desert, fixes everything

Lawmonark likes this.
  16. turboash08

turboash08 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    if no one likes rain turn off particcals and weather sound and you would never now it was raining

17. PippinSmith

PippinSmith New Member

Local Time:
    this however doesn't solve bee problems...

18. MBacon15

MBacon15 Lastation Grunt

Local Time:
    I never knew about that part, and I've known most of the "incognito" rules :p

It's also nice to see how involved a simple conversation could get, I'd say if it still ends up becoming an intolerable issue, or another I'd say "buggy" day happens where it rains for 4 irl hours straight, the sign at spawn seems like a good idea, or a sign that activates on a cooldown + after its been raining for "X" amount of minutes.

19. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Perhaps a way to vote for stopping the rain? As there are normally staff members online, restrict its usage to staff to prevent the abuse like what happened with voting for a server restart?

20. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    it wasnt removed just for that reason what about the preformance leaks it was hiding..
    also im sure most staff members arnt online at midnight us time