1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Weather on Infinity Evolved Servers

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by MBacon15, Nov 22, 2015.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    No there is no sunlight at all in last millennium, no type of solar panel will ever work there and bees will always detect it as being night time, so vamps should be fine there..

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    3:56 AM
    Ok, but you can get vampire in about 15 minutes after starting out, but moving to the last millenium unprepared? lolno, that's the problem with forcing people to live in certain dimensions :/

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    Nobody is forcing anyone to live anywhere, just pointing out that it's an option for people who insist on becoming vampires but who don't want to have to worry about the sun.. or they could even, you know.. not become vampires in the first place and stop expecting us to hold their hands all the time by constantly pester staff to change the time to night every few minutes because they're too lazy to wait for day to pass like they would have to if they were real vampires living in the real world..

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    This is true, a list of suggestions if anyone wants to do it (i could make it up) to make a better place because i see all these new people to vampirism want it, should be a linkable thing, I'd add it to a documentation page just in case anyone wanted

5. gd119

gd119 New Member

Local Time:
    Yeah i can confirm that the rain never stop on my side too... farm can't progress either solar pannel (low tier) :/

6. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:56 AM
    I heard some folks the other day talking about how the Ender IO Weather Obelisk is craftable, and it does control certain types of weather temporarily, for a cost... It is not directly on the /banneditems list by name, so because it is craftable and not directly listed on the /banneditems list, there may be folks using it... If All forms of weather control are supposed to be banned, then an update to the /banneditems list should be implemented with this item, along with keeping it from being craftable...

I have no clue if this might be a cause, but it might be something to at least look into as the cause of constant rain...

Zip

7. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've moved rainmanager over to IE3, in monitor mode. And right now (again) its saying its been raining for the last 2 hours and 45 minutes. IIRC, yesterday as well it was raining for over 2h when i check. So it looks that either the issue that was plaguing all the other infinities prior to the patch exists, or someone is indeed messing with the weather. I'll go ahead and set it to enforce raintime limits, and hopefully things will even out afterwards.