1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's required for a pack to get a server?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by TheEmosewaPixel, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Delerium76

Delerium76 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    I played it, and so far I'm liking it. It's a pretty unique way of working a skyblock that gets away from the typical ex nihilo methods. There are a few things I don't like though.
    1. The achievement book looks like it's ripped straight out of SkyFactory3 or something. Very generic and more like a task list than a quest book.
    2. The main mod "Sky Resources" feels like it steps on itself at Stage 2 when it has you transition from the crystal shard processing to crushed rock. At that point, I'm still using stone processing machines for crystals, but since crushed rock is so much easier and produces all of the same ores, I don't see much of a point in continuing with the higher tiers of crystal shard processing.
    This one isn't necessarily a negative, but more an observation: Ore production aside, the rest of the pack doesn't seem too different from a typical skyblock map, and the lack of a tiered quest system makes this pack more open ended like SkyFactory3 and less like Project Ozone 2. I prefer the tiered quest system personally, but I know alot of people like open ended packs too.

2. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    Welp a skyblock will always be a skyblock. When it comes to the quests I used Achievement Books as first off: me and the creator are friends and second: it takes much less time to add new ones.