1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why filling a Tier 8 draconic energy core is an impossible task

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by chugga_fan, Mar 3, 2017.

1. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:29 AM
    should have maintained the grave more....

[​IMG]

2. ProZed

ProZed Active Member

Local Time:
    5:29 AM
    hehe.
    you won that building contest cuz of that :)

3. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    because of your ban? i think that it wont worked out so well for you :p

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
  5. 5k rainbow gens? Hm...

6. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    10:29 AM
    What happens, if you did wait those 7 years :O spoopy isn't it?

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    At my planned level of RF production I will be making 150B rf/t, making it take 9 days~ at 20tps to fill the core

8. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    2:29 AM
    I believe some more people need to read this.

9. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    I think we should have a community server launched for the sole purpose of everyone working together to fill a tier 8 draconic reactor. No rules (Except no griefing) No Limits. just fill one up.

BanananaBread likes this.
  10. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  11. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    BanananaBread likes this.
  12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Yhea, but there have been people on the server who did it too, abusing bees and RF loops that somehow dupe RF doesn't count in my books. But anyways, this thread is wrong, I need to re-do the calculations to properly correct it, it's possible, just takes a stupidly long time.

13. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What the raw numbers fail to take into account though is if your main goal is to fill a core like that you're likely not going to just build a rf setup and then wait, you're probably going to be making more and more of/t until it get into a range to fill the core in a reasonable amount of time (depends on what you call reasonable though)

14. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    My original numbers took into account trillions of RF being dumped into the core at a time.

The base I had on Beyond (~250B rf/t) would have taken more than 5 days irl to fill a t8 core, it's a difficult task to be sure, but easier once you find out what you need

15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Everyone who manages to fill that t8 core should be banned on the spot, because he/she only proved that a totally unnecessary goal was achieved to satisfy his/her ego without giving a crap about anyone else on the server since such a task most likely left a mark on the server performance.

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  16. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Bees can do it in one block without major lag though

17. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    or do what we used to do on the monster server when someone built a fusion reactor from reactor craft. The player with build it and then ask an admin with world edit permissions to come over then turn it on to show that it works and then the admin would world edit it away and replace it with a creative energy source. in the reason we did that is because those were server killers. I have built a few in single player and accidentally left them running and it produced so much lag that is corrupted the chunk and I had to regenerate it with MC edit

18. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    That's different, the thing here is that there's nothing (non-bugged) that can produce as much as a reactorcraft reactor, and nothing as laggy as it was. The main reason for the creative cells were the absolute lag that the reactors produced rather than anything else

19. Green_Jeep2001

Green_Jeep2001 Active Member

Local Time:
    ehm.. torcherinos, compressed torcherinos, double compressed torcherinos? and maybe rainbow gen or something like that and done <3 :3

20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    My dude, at my height I was making well over 250 Billion RF/t, even at your (theroretical) 2.025Trf/t (Which by the way, you wouldn't actually have since you wouldn't be able to transfer all of it that fast, the max you could have had in reality would be 12,884,901,882rf/t because of how DE T8 cores work & other methods of transfering RF), it'd still take DAYS, (2^63-1)/(20*60*60*24*(2 trillion)) in google gives me a total of 2 days of playtime. Your numbers are not only major off, but bad math due to just how rf transfer works in-game.

The reason your 2.025Trf/t wouldn't actually exist is because the maximum throughput of those DE blocks is 2^31-1 rf/t (as DE passes around an int for this), and at MAXIMUM you can have 5 of them on your rainbow generator + a 6th utilizing the cryotheum fluxducts utilizing just 1 block (because it ALSO uses an int, seen here ThermalDynamics/GridEnergySuper.java at 1.12 · CoFH/ThermalDynamics · GitHub ), you're not only wrong in what you're saying, you're actually slower than my Sphere™ design that takes up a sphere of 32 radius, which was massive and expensive and required at completion 2 separate T8 cores, and THOUSANDS of phantom energyfaces because of how minecraft works.

The math checks out here, do it before you try to contradict this post.