1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Why we can't praise the Sun?

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies 2' started by LordEreh, Aug 1, 2020.

1. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    I am tired of rain...
    Many of us are...
    We almost forgot how sun looks...
    How warm are its rays...

Thats why I am asking to look if anyone is abusing the usage of rainmakers, lat time rain continues for more than hour and that is not natural Rain in Minecraft there are some screenshots that shows it was 10 minutes between rains
    EVIDENCE

Please do something because this is clearly violation of rule of Weather manipulation.
    or i swear i go into bees and make anti-rain thing...

2. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:46 AM
    If it's at all possible, i'd like for the rainmakers to remain unbanned since it's semi-vital for new players. Instead, a personal weather toggle would be nice.
    [doublepost=1596315639][/doublepost]Addendum: It's not necessary, not by a longshot, but it would be nice. Big difference there.

3. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:46 AM
  4. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    I didn't find any placed at the user in the screen shots base, but I did see a few rainmakers that are currently not banned.

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    The Rainmaker has always been available and this has been an annoyance since I played it back when I was a JR. One of the first quest items you receive is The Rainmaker. Everyone drops down their rainmaker and gets to farming through the early game. Most forget about it. So, someone usually has a Rainmaker up and it rains nonstop.

Not really sure what the best option to deal with this is. If I remember correctly it was sort of required - possibly no natural weather cycle. The gamerule doesnt exist so it's possible.

@Aidoneus any thoughts?

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The rainmaker requires the Iodine Capsule to start the rain and this item is banned: Other #771: Iodine Capsule - Bukkit - MyM Collaboration
    Either someone is bypassing the ban or there are different kinds of rainmakers which we are not aware of.

If you know of another way of starting the rain then please share it with us.

7. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Ummmm there is ex nihilo rainmakers - that one you get from questing. Its rather cheap to craft and no problem with making rainnmachine

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't see any from ex nihilo but the modpack has a dedicated rainmaker mod which are probably being used.
    They are now banned, we will have to wait until the existing ones are gone.

9. LordEreh

Local Time:
    @SirWill sorry there is little mod "Rainmaker" that add them, maybe instead of bannin them, make them uncraftable? So new player can get that water (not like you can fill barrels with glass bottle...)
    Also i saw 2 rainmakers with different ID's so... i think one is that we can craft and 1 is from reward?

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I thought about removing the mod but there might be a quest requiring them which is why I decided to ban them instead.