1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Witchery] Tag Locks

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by M1NN10N, Sep 3, 2015.

1. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:22 AM
    I would like to reopen the floor to making stealing Tag Locks from people a bannable offense. Biggest reason I have for this rule is it can be used to coerce other players into doing what you want them to do. I.e. "if you don't let me be a part of your team I will put curses on you so that you can't do anything." We have had this conversation before but from what I was just told it has not been put into the rules. Let's work together and get a proper solution to this issue worked out.

Thanks M1NN10N

CheshireLill likes this.
  2. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    Curses are disabled/banned meaning that nobody would able to put a curse on anybody anyway

3. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:22 AM
    And normally there is a statue of the goddes in every spawn (that has withcery). It's a creative statue that removes all curses for no cost.

4. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Does the statue remove the curse of the wolf and the wampire curse?

5. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
  6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    The werewolf curse can be curbed by having an item in your inventory and the vampire curse is cured by giving lilith garlic in the 2nd stage of the fight

7. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    But what if someone is a vampire and got a tag lock stolen?
    The thief can then give him lycanthropy isn't it? (halving the players vampire stuff)

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    it's 2/3s the $$$ of blood, but you can ask other players to remove your lycanthropy, and people normally don't think of lycanthropy as a curse you know

9. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    I think the fact that a person can force you to be a werewolf is the subject of the tread here. Removing that curse isn't easy. Imagin is you have to do that every week or so.

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Removing the curse is pretty easy as long as you have 10k altar power tbh, so.... and they can only get one taglock before i can turn around and get seven of theirs (i click fast enough it can be counted as a macro) so they instantly know to lay off

11. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    jitterclicking?

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    I click 15 times a second, i have no idea what that's called :p

13. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    See but here in lies the problem If some one were to take one of your machines that would be considered griefing as they did not have your permission if someone takes a "Sample of your DNA" it is no different they are doing something to you they are taking something from you without your permission which would be considered griefing.

14. Talzor869

Talzor869 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:22 AM
    The spirit of the taglocks curses and other ability is to give rise to practical jokes, and a bit of fun. If someone takes it to far, and turns it into extortion or harassment.... Then they get in trouble for exactly that, harassment. I do not believe taglocks should be removed, or that taglocks someone should be a bannable offence. However, being an ( explitive deleted of your choice) by inappropriate use of said taglocks should incur a temp ban and removal of the taglocks. This is my opinion.

chugga_fan likes this.
  15. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    While I was staff, taglocks WERE a bannable offence. Though in saying that, it was only an offence if it was continued, if I were to say tag lock Minion right now I would be given a slap on the wrist and the taglock, taken off me. BUT, if I were to continue doing so, I.E sit at spawn and spam click random players for taglocks, it would be considered harrasment and thus a ban would be in place. So for my vote, I think it should stay like this as it seems to work best.

AlphaRue likes this.
  16. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This post is going to mostly apply to Bteam and the family of servers.

I would have to agree with tag locking by force should be a bannable offense. Mostly what I've gotten from people is they tpa to my location... and before they even appear on the screen I get the message "Someone is trying to tag lock you and failed" repeated multiple times.
    After they then get the taglock, they PM me to tell me they are going to help me by protecting my armor or tools from breaking or something like that. But the catch is then I have to collect a portion of the materials.
    So basically, they are stealing from me and then blackmailing me... those things should be bannable as they would be for a griefing claim.
    At the very least they should get a warning.
    But all of this is subjective and difficult if not impossible to prove.
    I cant speak for the other servers, but I think taglocks and poppets should be banned entirely.

Additionally, you cannot take taglocks of staff is listed in the rules on the website, but its not listed in the /rules on the server (at least not on Bteam)

17. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We still need them to perform self curses.

18. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Banning taglocks all together would take away the purpose of poppets.

19. Talzor869

Talzor869 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    What i Said still stands. Harassment if abused, good fun if used properly. I have been known to padlock players, then almost drown them or make them fly around for a bit... Tee-hee :) but the MOMENT they ask for it to stop? I stop. Because that is how you play around. If you do not stop, or attempt extortion, you are abusing them. I do not believe that a fun part of the mod should be removed because of bad eggs. I think the bad eggs should be cracked over a dumpster, and left there. Forgotten.

20. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    might be able to disable the crafting of taglocks normally and make it so you can craft a taglock of yourself using the same recipe

M1NN10N likes this.