1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wither boss in claim

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Sir_Oj, Oct 17, 2017.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    but if you're in a modded situation, do you really want to use a somewhat unreliable vanilla setup? what would be the purpose?

2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    6:17 AM
    The fact that it is 100% reliable and cheap?

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    again, not really. note that if you were going for something that'll move items on the cheap, then why not just go for item conduits w/ the hopper system? because a hopper on it's own is completely incapable of moving anywhere in an upwards direction, which with an egg collection system, the hoppers would be below the dispenser. not to mention there are only a few viable options early-game, and they would break away from this "100% vanilla" setup.

4. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Dispensers can move items upwards if powered by redstone in a good way. Also, I never mentioned that the setup must consist only of vanilla components. I just said you can simply use a hopper and a dispenser to generate infinite chickens (or just a hopper to generate infinite eggs).

5. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My coal was getting infinite eggs. I know there are lots of ways to collect the eggs or creating more chickens. I also don't care about the material or RF cost. I will be happy to build a complicate system if that gives me the eggs that I want.

My only problem with having lots of chickens is the lag it causes. On a other server I used to play there was a rule of 8 animals per base max, because of this lag. Does this server not have any rules like that or something like that. Since the only problem I have with all your ideas is that it will create lots of chickens in my base.

6. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    No. The system will just stop animal spawning and despawn anything that is not a player and appears in a 3x3 area after you have 24 of them.

7. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Finaly managed to kill the Wither boss. Took me some time, but I have managed to caputure the Wither boss for my Woot setup and killed him 2 times. So got enough nether stars to make a tier 4 Woot farm.

I build a chamber of 3*4*1 with all walls floor and ceiling made of reinforced obsidian. With a 1*2 opening for me to walk in and out. Took a lot of iron and obsidian, but was worth it. The wither boss hasn't hit me once and didn't destroy any blocks. not even with his spawn expolotion.

Thanks for all the tips.