Info Infinity Node 1-4 - Reset & Update

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, Jun 12, 2015.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:44 PM

We will reset the Infinity Node 1 and 2 servers on the 15th june, Node 3 and 4 will get shut down.
    With this reset we will also update our Infinity servers.

In accordance with a post that was sent out earlier today we will be purging the infinity servers tomorrow until sunday evening. For more information on the purge please check THE PURGE!!! | MineYourMind Community

Can I keep my inventory?

No, we will reset everything (inventory, money, claimblocks...) to have a complete clean up.

Don't want to loose your base?

If you don't like to start from scratch you are welcome to request a base download so you can continue either in single player or on your own server. (Create a post below with the coordinates, node and player names.)

I bought a kit/claimblocks?

If you bought a kit or claim-blocks with credits - within the last 2 weeks - on Infinity 1-4 we are happy to refund those on request.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Dre4M, AlphaRue, BetaPetey and 4 others like this.
  2. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    PUUUUUURGE!

3. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Let the purge BEGIN!

4. night3y3s

night3y3s chaotic constructor

Local Time:
    nyahahahahaha...

5. 123hotdog1100

123hotdog1100 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    x2649 y64 z543 all building around it and my player files

6. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    UGGG sucks for me :-( Just got a free weekend to play. Never expected a wipe soooooooo soon. I find this to be an extreme disappointment in MYM. MYM used to fit my playstyle of taking forever to do anything, servers stayed up fo a long time. Maby its time to start looking for a server group that fits my slow playstyle. Love this place, hate to even be looking around :-(((

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Die you Start on the old Servers while 5 was already up? The maps are as old as the modpack release, quite some time for the worst pack in performance.

8. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The recent reset are unlike MYM. I blame the instability of 1.7.10 mods. Recent updates to many of the mods have been for the better. Mods like IC2exp, Ender IO, Ender zoo, Hardcore ender expansion, MFR, Forestry, twilight forest, MYSTCRAFT(this one was huge) and a few other have had some really nasty performance issues.
    Overall its better to get the resets out of the way now, rather then wait later. 1.7 pack will be around for a long time to come.
    Hope you stay with MYM.

9. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    how many months was inf 1-4 now live?

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    6. Feb. 3 and 4 a little later, but due to being linked some progression within a few days.

11. Decnav

Local Time:
    Ok? still doesnt change the fact that it takes me months to go thru a pack. Im slow, the only thing i do fast is amass a large stockpile of stuff.

I finaly, after a month of not being able to play much due to opening a business and hiring on 4 people, can sit back and enjoy the stockpile of stuff and progress thru some mods. Resets of this speed havent happened to the MYM servers I was playing on in the past, and I dont want to speed thru a pack, I dont find that fun at all.

Like I said MYM seems to have accelerated its resets, this will not work for me. Ive been here a long time like the staff and the regulars I see on all the packs I play on, but I am just too slow for the new speed of MYM so I will look elsewhere to see if I can find a new home I guess.

12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Humm yeah thats in fact some acceleation there. Perhaps in this case there could be a migrated server? INF41 ...

13. Decnav

Local Time:
    I was expecting to get 6-9months out of the upcoming horizions pack like I did with the last one, now I dont think I can risk investing the time here without fear of reset because everyone else is done.

14. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Calm down. Its still one of the best communities even for low-pacers ;)

Also i know from personal experience that the founders are open to suggestions, so get more creative and positive on it.

al99901 likes this.
  15. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i cant guarantee that you will get this long because of the mods.
    If the mods are stable, then the longevity of the server will be a reflection of that. As i stated above, these reset are more then likely due to unstable mods and changes. IF horizon comes out flawless and without any performance hindering bugs... it will be up for a long time.

Also all the servers that currently reset have been up for 6 months+

16. Decnav

Local Time:
    The only thing that would work for me would be leave it up till horizons, and that isn't an option. These are not my servers, I do not get a say in reset timeframes, and I'm fine with that.

There are probably a million relay good legitimate reasons to reset, but for ME, none of the reasons are good enuff.

All of the reasons are fine, and I understand the founders feel they need a reset. The reset , however leaves me with a lack of faith in MYM, something I have never had before.

17. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    If you come on infinity 1 right now you will see one of the reasons for the reset. And that is the instability of the pack causes huge tps issues, like right now im fighting with a agricraft tank which is dragging it down hugely. MyM is only resetting the servers because it is needed not because its wanted, if it was wanted im sure it would have been a lot sooner then it was.

Lawmonark likes this.
  18. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    @Decnav To answer your not asked question why we did reset Infinity earlier then Dark Trilogy or Direwolf. That's because we have over 81k unique players on Infinity 1 and on Dark Trilogy only 11k. Which makes the performance and map worse then on Dark Trilogy.

19. Thegameison58

Thegameison58 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would the download of my base at coords X: -475, Y: 64 , Z: 2197 in the node 2 my username is Thegameison58.
    I like also if you give me my player file and those of ZioBenson .
    Sorry for my bad english.

20. Decnav

Local Time:

You are offering what may be in your, and everyone eles's opinion a great and valid reason. For me it takes away all the fun I was planing on having this weekend, probaly just gonna go into work now. No use in playing a dead world, no time before horizions2 to start a new pack. Even if horizions was a month off, it would still be too close for me to start.

I started on bees 3 weeks ago, yesterday I got my first pollen and royal jelly. Maby in another 4 weeks I would have been close to endgame on bees. Im just too slow for MYM

So using this to interpolate what will happen to Horizons, I would have been on the the first server day one, it will get alot of unique logins and have to be reset before I get anywhere close to endgame.

This seems to confirm I am just too slow for the pace of MYM.

This is what I'm getting at. I'm too slow for MYM. Your reset reasons are valid, but due to my pace of playing will adversely affect me over and over

I wouldn't still be here discussing the situation if I didn't love this place.