Done Item Re-banned (Blood Magic & The Arcane Plinth)

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by SpArKeRzZ_, Oct 13, 2015.

?

Solution to Blood Magic Problem ? (Temp Fix = Until Demon World Is implemented)

1. Sign at Spawn trading the life and Soul Shards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Demon Portal placed by admin in the farmland

42.9%
  3. Un-Banned the Arcane Plinth

57.1%
  1. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    11:16 PM
    So........ Last month I spent a good few days talking with mods and admins trying to sort out an item which was banned and was required to get to tier 6 Blood altar..........

Before I go any further please read the following Thread, as it clearly does state that the item banned caused no problem on infinity.

Done - Blood Magic Life & Soul Shards ? FTB Infinity | MineYourMind Community On Page 2

If it was causing problems on infinity node 1 & 2 I can confirm along with everyone else on Node5 that the server has not crashed when this item was unbanned last month, I go to place the item again, as the need for its use has once again came around and I find that it has once again been banned.

Can I please have someone look into this please.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
  3. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    I've give a quick overview,

Basically last month in order to that a Tier 6 Blood altar, I needed Life and Soul Shards, only way to get them is to kill the demons that get spawned in by the Demon invasion. These Life and Soul Shards are used to create the Crystal Cluster for the tier 6 Blood altar.

Now to get to the demon invasion you need a fallen angle to sacrifice, to start the "Convocation of the Damned", in order to get this Fallen Angle, you need to use 6 "Arcane Pedestals" & 1 "Arcane Plinth". Its this Arcane Plinth which is banned as demon summoning on most servers crashes the server. However as stated in my last thread (Done - Blood Magic Life & Soul Shards ? FTB Infinity | MineYourMind Community On Page 2, I had this looked into and it was found that on Infinity Demon summoning did not crash the server, and there fore the item was unbanned.

With the item unbanned I was finally able to summon the Fallen angle, to sacrifice when starting the "Convocation of the Damned" ritual, so that I was then able to kill the demon to loot the Life and Soul Shards.

NOTE:- I started the "Convocation of the Damned" in the Farm world on Infinity Node 5 last month and it had been running right until the farm world was reset, I have since once again needed to loot the Life and Soul shards to create more crystal clusters. This is when I have found that the "Arcane Plinth" has once again been banned on a server which no side effects were present.

I understand the reasoning behind (Accepted - Custom Demon World | MineYourMind Community however I do not see the reason to implement this on a server which does not require it.

4. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    It does require it as the demon invasion can get out of control and be used as a grief by pass. We've had several happen recently resulting in a couple bases being wiped out.

5. CPU678

CPU678 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    Even, if there will be ´´Custom Demon world´´ that doesnt change fact, that Demon blood shards, that are obtained, by killing elementals, that need Arcane Plinth to be spawned, are allso used in other recipies most importantly, to make archmages blood orb.

6. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    The demon blood shards were made buy able at spawn on most servers as far as I am aware. 16 Terrear=1Demon blood shard, its a sign at spawn.

7. CPU678

CPU678 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thats correct, i had forgotten.

8. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    I'm I correct in assuming that you cannot make the demon Re-Summoning only an action that can be done in the farm world, just like the land marks. Yes I know that land marks are placeable, but the Demon shards that spawn the Demon as a friendly still need to be placed on an altar to sacrifice them. This would make it so that the "Convocation of the Damned" can only be started in the farm world where there should be no bases ?

9. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    ban the thing in the overworld? i mean really, it can't be THAT hard

10. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  11. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    its plausible, however the demon invasion could be a problem as it does bypass it, a workaround would be to make it so that the demons or the summoning cannot break blocks (mob griefing = false) or if that has already been done, possibly research a patch for servers, as i have had a few people with blood magic complain about this to me XD (JayL666 im looking at you)

12. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    I'll reply after I'm home tonight.

F.y.I I only removed portions of the demon town. Nowhere did I touch non-bloodmagic itmes.

13. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    the means you only removed blood magic items, those are needed *claps* especially for demon shards, i have a spawner that gives me green ones but they suck, need to kill the demon under the demon portal structure

14. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    Hmm, you have confused me. Its really hard to see what part of the demon town that have been removed if I'm unable to to start the "Convocation of the Damned". As noted in my last (Done - Blood Magic Life & Soul Shards ? FTB Infinity | MineYourMind Community) is some way to get the Life and Soul Shards, I understand that you are working on making possible a demon invasion world. In my last posted we did consider the possibility of making a sign at spawn where we could trade for the Life & Soul Shards, however we did not follow that through as it was found that on Infinity the demon spawning did not crash the server.

The sign Idea is a possible solution for the moment until the Demon Invasion world is up and running.

15. arnalpsln

arnalpsln New Member

Local Time:
  16. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
  17. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    Do you think the sign idea what we discussed in my last post when we first looked into this could be implemented until the Blood magic world is up and running ?

18. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    From gathering information over the last hour I got the following:
    1. crash issue (fixed if modpack uses up to date version of blood magic)
    2. potential of grief (only an issue in the overworld as we allow other grief potential items in the other worlds)
    Therefor I do not understand why we are not allowing it besides in the overworld or limiting it to a specific world.
    Furthermore I could think of disabling the spreading of the invasion, kinda ending the event once the portal block is spawned and allowing the trading of the portal block for shards like we have it set up on horizons (I don't know exactly why we did this on there @newabcd could you refresh my mind?).

19. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    I like the idea about trading in the Portal Block, for the chards. Great Idea ! :)

20. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    then how are you supposed to get infinite shards for you and your team?