1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Remove sandtorms *if possible*

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by All_Mighty_POWA, May 21, 2017.

?

Should sandstorms be disabled?

1. Yes

48.1%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Potato

18.5%
  1. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:57 PM
    You can easily build a weather deflector early on in the game, this will eliminate the storm before it can start. Other than that storms are part of the experience.

2. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:57 PM
    I just found out about it and edited my initial post accordingly, apologies for my my ignorance

3. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:57 PM
    Ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge, it is a question in search of an answer.

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:57 PM
    1st sentence from RULES
    "Ignorance is no excuse!"

5. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:57 PM
    Good point, but I wasn't excusing myself xD I was explaining my thought process and apologizing

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    They're actually a part of the pack specifically to add a layer of difficulty. Without them players could hide behind their cactus walls and laugh at the husks while they danced naked saying nah nah nah. Placeable sand breaks those walls. If left unattended they can also serve as a ramp for mobs to scale walls. It also has two uses now, one it combines to make sand, and really who doesn't want more sand, it also has a hidden use I'll leave to you to discover.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    so, I just did this: I installed optifine, a turned down a few settings, to no avail; however, the moment i disabled terrain animation, my fps was over 20. try it.

8. iStarlightz

iStarlightz Prince Cuddles

Local Time:
    I was not saying this as more players cause more lag but maybe the amount the sandstorm has to render/generate is vastly more then when 30players are online versus 5.

If that is not the reason then my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. JamesYong

JamesYong Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:57 AM
    my optifine animation on everything is off. my fps still drop to 1 when the storm came. it might be the animation of the storm or the sand of layer increase (not full sand block)

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    there's a weather mod settings tab at the top when you hit the Esc button.
    [doublepost=1495413401][/doublepost]just modify the performance settings there.

11. JamesYong

JamesYong Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ok. i will check that out tonight. thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

12. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    I don't exactly have the best of laptops but even with settings that aren't minimal, the amount of mobs and the amount of sandstorms my fps is still stable. Not sure what you guys are worried about. Honestly Tps is more of the issue in the pack and that's got to do with the chunks being generated and the mobs too.

13. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:57 PM
    All aspects of rendering in Minecraft, happen client-side ("in 'your' computer"). This means that other players online have no effect on your FPS, unless you are within rendering-distance to them (and subsequently watching a sandstorm near THAT player)

However, block-placements happen server-side (and the changes are sent to each client nearby). With many sandstorms active at the same time, placing blocks, the TPS can drop somewhat, but that has nothing to do with FPS.