1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rented mym servers

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by sporefreak, Jan 29, 2019.

1. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:38 PM
    I know there was talk about my doing a "rent servers from us, we will run it and you decide whitelist, blacklist, banned items, etc.." type thing and I was wondering what happened to that/where does that stand?
    I know I would love to rent a server

deepcage likes this.
  2. sporefreak

Local Time:
    Edit: Fixed ;o

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2019
  3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    1:38 AM
    that would actually be a nice addition to support the network aside from getting patron ranks. I would definately go for something like that. Then i could play with the ppl i actually like and keep everybody else out :D

(would be a very quiet lagfree server) :D

p5k and BanananaBread like this.
  4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:38 PM
    I think the boss addressed this before, let me see if I can find the post. Though I think it ended up with you think you want it, but you don't due to the expense.

BanananaBread likes this.
  5. sporefreak

Local Time:
    I would still love to get some general numbers on what the pricing would be, I would be more then willing to get together with 2-3 other players and co-pay for a server at $75 a month (Which is a lot even for a modded server from my understanding)
    Also, where I heard the idea (From Slind) LINK
    [doublepost=1548841155,1548840501][/doublepost]Even if it wasnt "Officially" added to the shop, but if it was even a possibility (mainly for long time members) and something you kinda had to hear about (So not advertised per say)
    I would imagine it would be something like "Make private forum post, Specify desired modpack, after debate from staff a price is thrown back to the poster based on effort required and price to host the server/setup" with a clear understanding being made that the poster would be covering the entire server for its uptime.

6. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    Don't remember the post but iirc I think it came up to $60 - $80 for setup and about $50-$60 for run cost each month not including the setup cost. So...
    • $110 - $140 First month Cost
    • $50 - $60 Monthly cost starting the second month.
    While still an option (It was never said that it was not....) not many people would be willing to spend that much.

I am not many persons though.... :)

Fireforce likes this.
  7. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:38 AM
    i would totally help cover the costs to have a new "public Regrowth" server, both $$$ wise and volunteer helping maintain the world / deal with issues etc.