1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we remove prestige mode from SF4?

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by TomboyEnthusiast, May 11, 2020.

?

Should we disable Prestige Mode on SF4

1. Yes

52.1%
  2. No

35.4%
  3. Potato

39.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:27 PM
    Hey all!

The prestige mode offers a significant gameplay change that makes SF4 unique and fun. Unfortunately with all it's upsides, it has some significant downsides that have been giving the staff team a headache. It has some fundamental flaws that causes prestige unlocks to revert randomly and we are unable to fix it. We get multiple tickets a week that require staff resources to fix these issues and we've been toying with the idea of disabling the prestige mode entirely due to these issues.

That's where we come to you! We'd like to know what you think about this. Please add your vote on the poll and leave a comment if you have more to say about this issue.

Thanks,
    The Administrator team

2. BloodyMillenia

BloodyMillenia Active Member

Local Time:
    I played on another network for sf4 and their prestige system had some sort of plugin or script to solve peoples problems with prestige not updating accordingly.

I'm sure with a little programming knowledge someone on staff could figure out a way for a custom command to run the appropriate script or whatever is needed. If that is beyond everybody's abilities, then reaching out to staff over there could solve the problems here.

Of course disabling the prestige system will also fix it like has been suggested.

3. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    The main problem is the players need to be online to modify prestige progress, and there isn't really a way to easily detect when prestige progress goes missing. I'm not sure how they are fixing issues on their side without looking at it, and I doubt a competing network would want to give us a fix for issues lol.
    We also lack the resources at the moment given the current pandemic to work on a plugin or mod to fix the issues that shouldn't even exist in the first place.

I also removed the network name from your post for advertising concerns (please read the rules here if you need clarification)

4. BloodyMillenia

BloodyMillenia Active Member

Local Time:
    I forget exactly what the command was but it was player accessible so if anybody got their prestige out of whack they could fix it themselves usually.

5. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    That opens up a door for abuse. People could easily just give themselves all the prestige options if it isn't implemented properly

6. Rioghan_2

Rioghan_2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:27 PM
    What's the player data of players who got the prestige bug? Does it get reverted on the server, but the client still says he owns it, or is there some information like when the player unlocked it to not need to rely on client data?

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If we remove prestige will this also remove access to the transmutation tablet etc? That was by default locked behind prestige and not available to the vanilla SF4

8. Raptorpea4343

Raptorpea4343 #1 World Famous Pea

Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    It doesnt remove it , it just makes players who just started the pack able to get it. Which i think defeats the point of grinding for the points

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    Found a fix to prestige unlocks last night. Should fix this today

GreyWolf11 and BookerTheGeek like this.
  10. Raptorpea4343

Raptorpea4343 #1 World Famous Pea

Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    So prestige might stay if the server starts working

11. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Bruh lol

Snackumzs and ContinuedAsh like this.
  12. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    You just got aido'd

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  13. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    Grrr. Being difficult.

14. Snackumzs

Snackumzs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Was a great laugh that was needed. Thank you Column!

TomboyEnthusiast and GreyWolf11 like this.