1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thaumcraft 'Easy Research' is horrible

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Millumi, Dec 9, 2015.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    I did ask, and you are correct that their has been no response.

Also, I have yet to find a pack that you can not complete ALL the research on easy mode without using the deconstruction table. You get enough aspects from crafting the items in thaumcraft to continue to unlock the next set. The issue of not having enough aspects really only shows up as a major PITA is when you are rushing the research and not actually making the items. You can not tell me you will not have enough aspects after scanning Vanilla & Thaumcraft & Thaumcraft addons & Other mods in the pack (Items that you would normal craft and place in your base when not rushing thaumcraft). When you can prove that to me, I'll fight to get it switched back to normal mode. until then... go node hunting. :)

2. Millumi

Millumi Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Wasn't the intention of putting this stupid mode in to lessen the annoyance of progressing through thaumcraft for people who've done this a million times already?
    "Just make every item and scan it" doesn't really go along with that logic.
    Also, there are research things like the enchants for the osmotic enchanter, which yield nothing to scan. Same goes for other mods people play(like Botania).
    Plus, you need to get research to even learn what you're getting, having to aspect grind makes exploration of new things annoying

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Yes yes yes, the incredibly monotonous task of making every single item (lol, you do realize that everyone hates infusion crafting for a reason right?) and making every other annoying item that takes around 40 minutes to set up and get the essentia for isn't fun? I will say that this discussion died long ago with the final ruling, and without a poll in place, well nothing has a chance of changing

4. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    You realise on infinity hard mode (at least node 1) they changed it back, and I'm loving it

5. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    @chugga_fan @Millumi Nowhere did I say scan everything. I said scan everything you make. (Or that was my intention anyways)

During a normal playthrough, there is no reason that you should have an issue with getting aspects. I find myself node hunting far less with it on easy mode vs normal. I do understand why people like each different option. But, this is the internet. You are allowed you opinion. However much I think they be wrong. ;)

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Did i not say, that, making everything in thaumcraft is tedious and annoying? if I research the staff of the primal, I am NOT going to go out and scan it, why? takes too long to craft, of course, i'm too lazy, and so are most people

7. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    To lazy to actually craft something and scan it, but not to lazy to complain and get it changed so it is easier for you? hm....

profrags likes this.
  8. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    8:16 AM
    well not everyone is lazy on crafting everything i do craft everything that can come in handy. i just like to play with the minigame as its less aspect intensive than easy mode. the only thing i ask is for people like me to be able to enjoy the minigame again, but then again i am just 1 drop in a ocean of opinions

9. madek12

madek12 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Just make a pech farm to get knowledge fragments. Easy primal aspects. I'm glad server is on easy mode as I couldn't stand doing thaumcraft minigames for the n-th time.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  10. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    is ther a way it can be made a command to switc between easy and hard mode? like / thaumeasy or / thaumhard?
    i dont know if its possible due to the way thaumcraft works.

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    :(

PhantomRTW likes this.
  12. Millumi

Millumi Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have something to make note of now that node3 has switched 'easy' mode on again...
    Switching between the modes from normal to 'easy' seems kind of overpowered.. I have so many aspects that I got over time that I almost completed my thaumonomicon.
    Though, I do remember having an initial hurdle when it switched from easy to normal due to not having enough of the aspects that are used for everything including the normal purchased research.

I still think normal mode is better though.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    make up your mind please, if you wanted to play a normal mode pack btw, just load up thaumic skies, ask to get on the server, and start playing, won't be changed from normal, as packmaker's intent :p

Tokoshoran likes this.