1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Week on MYM #86

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrashGothAoife, Jan 24, 2022.

1. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    [​IMG]

Hello Everyone!

We have seen an increased interest in 1.16 modded servers, specifically Oceanblock, so we would like to take the time to explain why we currently have it set as patron-only, and how that affects playing on the server.

A lot of the plugins we use are not updated to 1.16. So until we get those updated and working properly on 1.16 modded, we have made the decision to have it patron, and those granted a friendpass, only. A side effect of this, many have noticed, when playing on Oceanblock, you do not get access to any of your perks that you normally have access to. I personally don't think the lack of perks has made the experience bad, just something to be aware of if you are looking to play on Oceanblock, or whatever future 1.16 server we set up.

Weekly Top Voters:

Let's give a round of applause to our top voters for the last week, your rewards have been sent off already.

[​IMG] = LordEreh
    [​IMG] = ElectricPoof
    [​IMG] = Odika

If you would like to learn what the rewards are for being a top weekly, or monthly voter, you can check those out on our Wiki.

Management Team Announcements:

Our Management team would like to invite you to join our team. We are looking for people who are eager to help out and make MYM better. You can fill out an application here.

We are also looking for builders. Each new server gets a custom spawn and would like your help making them and potentially new event builds. You can fill out an application for that here.

Threads to Watch:

-Enable 1-hour AFK kick for donors on full servers thread
    -Naming Iron block chunkloaders thread
    -Server Status Page thread
    -Possible Community Event Idea thread
    -Command to force claim reset thread
    -Server Status Page thread

Admin Corner:

Let's take a look at what the admin team has been busy with this week.

Divine Journey 2
    • Update GD to 2.x
      • Add some special flags to help with grave retrievals in admin claims like spawn
      • Adjusted spawn claim to help prevent dying in it
    • Update Protectex to support new version of GD
    • Update AbandonedRestoration to support new version of GD
    This should have some pretty big performance improvements as far as GD goes

Please report all issues you may have directly to me, please
    • Disabled "Items flash before expiring" in quark, as this constantly sends packets for every item
    MC Eternal
    • Added Anu dimension to MyM Multiplex portal. Cost is 1 figurine of any type.
    • Added Anu dim to Weekly resets.
    Multiblock Madness
    • Changed requirements for TF portal quest in Chapter 3 due to banned item.
    • Added Anu dimension to MyM Multiplex portal. Cost is 1 figurine of any type.
    • Node 1 shut down
    SevTech Ages
    • Disabled Randompatches to fix a bug with certain mobs being invisible
    • Tweaked some mob spawning configs to help the Omothol Ghouls spawn in the Omothol dimension

Outro

And that's it for another week. Stay safe, have fun, and don't forget to love each other.

ElectricPoof, ViesSPR and Aerydar like this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:56 PM
  3. XYofLight

XYofLight Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    I tried to log into OceanBlock yesterday and it keeps telling me the server is out of date. I have patron status and I've never seen that error. What does it mean?

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    @XYofLight make sure you're running version 1.11.0 of the pack.

5. XYofLight

Local Time:
    Odd the launcher would not choose the best pack for me. I'll look thru the MYM site and try to find instructions on how to do that.

6. XYofLight

Local Time:
    I'm running OceanBlock via "MultiMC 5" and have the 1.11.0 version in the instance.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:56 PM
    check oceanblock changelogs... i member there was some issue with some mod

8. XYofLight

Local Time:
    Okay I found one entry in the "Change Log" area for "OceanBlock" and followed the links. I see something which talks about "For servers: level-type=default" however I don't know what that means. So far I've tried to run this instance in FTB, MYM Launcher and MultiMC5 using a variety of JREs but no dice. Aren't you guys glad I never applied for a Mod position? I may play the game with the kids, but I have no clue how any of this stuff works on the back-end. @LordEreh, thank you for the clue. I'm gonna do more research and welcome anyone who can give me more clues to this dilemma.

@Lirael, I get this strange suspicion this is not where I was supposed to post this query. My apologies, I'm not terribly versed in bulletin board etiquette.

9. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    If you are using the MYM launcher, you shouldn't have to do anything other than install Oceanblock and run it. If you are using another launcher, just make sure you are running version 1.11.0 and use the IP oceanblock.mineyourmind.net

10. XYofLight

Local Time:
    @Lirael Thank you very much for the excellent CLUE!!! I was using "oceanblock.mym.li" as the server. Using your target of "oceanblock.mineyourmind.net" completely remedied the situation!!