1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Up Next!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by GreyWolf11, Sep 9, 2018.

?

Which mod pack would you like to see next?

Poll closed Sep 16, 2018.
  1. Potato!

55.8%
  2. Throwback pack (Likely TPPI or Monster)

34.6%
  3. Simple Life 2

26.9%
  4. Awakening

48.1%
  5. Space Astronomy 2

15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    4:33 AM
    Polling Time!

Details! It's that time again MyM, time that is, to vote on our new patron server! With SevTech having been released to the public about two weeks ago, we need to make sure we get a pack going for all of our amazing patrons!
    Above there will be a poll with a few modpacks that have been suggested, and below in spoilers will be details regarding each pack as well as a link to the pack, if you have any suggestions that are not in the poll please compile the detail list and the pack link and respond suggesting it!

The Poll will run for one week, and it will assist the Administration team in the decision making process of what to roll out, with an Announcement coming out before ANY pack would be launched, and likely further consultation with patrons specifically.

Monster
    Let the monster rise! This large all-encompassing 1.6.4. pack is designed to offer a wide selection of mods to play with as well as a whole brand new set of custom world generation to discover and explore.
    "Monster is a Feed The Beast and CurseForge modpack created by the FTB Team. It combines technical and magical mods into one monster sized pack. It is the largest official FTB modpack created for 1.6.4, having 123 mods. It is considered to be the 1.6.4 recreation of FTB Unleashed. The changelog can be found on Confluence." ~FTB Wiki (hyperlinked to Monster in "Let the monster rise")

TPPI
    What is TPPI?
    It stands for Test Pack, Please Ignore. It's a 1.6.4 pack that has a ton of technical mods, centered around semi-hardmode recipes and setups. Specifically, it has Gregtech4.
    Here is the official FTB Wiki page, and a list of all the mods it contains: Test Pack Please Ignore - Official Feed The Beast Wiki
    Long story short, it was a very fun, rather expert-level-ish pack that had long term and definitive endgame goals."~Cynn 2018
    *Note the two hyperlinks are different but have mostly the same info

Original Throwback thread can be found here
    Simple Life 2
    This pack is all about taking your time, enjoying the experience and triumphing through innovation and creativity instead of advanced technology or "one-block-fix-all" solutions.

It challenges players to use little-known mods as well as lesser known features of more popular mods in new ways to complete the Quest-Book and learn all they can about the world.

As my first publically released mod-pack, The Simple Life 2 has gone through many changes in the last 18 months. Despite all that, the core aspects of the pack have never changed!

- Craft & Manage a Colony, complete with workers, farmers and more to carry out your bidding

- Custom Recipe integration across multiple mods that lead the player through the quest-book

- Fully-Featured QuestBook with over 500 quests, organised by mod and theme with real tasks

You won't find any arbritary "Gather 600 wood" type quests here...

- Design beautiful builds with a wide range of aesthetic mods

- Focus on one technology, magic or progression mod at a time to keep your path clear

- Supported on servers with various tweaks and adjustments to improve multi-player playability

Recommend 6gb - 8gb to run

Curse Page

Mod List

Space Astronomy 2 Space Astronomy 2 is a space based modpack, that include loads of the latest tech and space mods. Explore the Universe with the help of the provided achievement book that will lead you around and that required steps that you will need to take.

Recommends at least 5gb dedicated RAM to run

Curse Page

Mod List
    --------------Updated on - 26/07/2018--------------------
    ===========================================Mod List===========================================
    AARandomLensBlocker - Actually Additions Addon
    Actually Additions
    Actually Computers
    Advanced Solar Panels
    Armor Stand Configurator
    Aroma1997Core
    Aroma1997s Dimensional World
    Astral Sorcery
    AutoRegLib
    Backport
    BdLib
    Bed Bugs
    Better Builder's Wands
    Better Combat Mod
    BetterFps
    BiblioCraft
    Biomes O' Plenty
    Blur
    Bookshelf
    Bookshelf API Library
    Builder's Guides
    Chameleon
    Chance Cubes
    Chicken Chunks 1.8+
    Chisel
    Chisels & Bits
    Clipboard
    CodeChickenCore 1.8+
    CodeChickenLib 1.8+
    Coloassal Chests
    CommonCapabilities
    Common Capabilities
    CompatLayer
    Computronics
    Connected Textures Mod
    Controlling
    Cooking For Blockheads
    Corail Pillar
    Corail Pillar Extension Biome's O'plenty
    Corail Pillar Extension Chisel
    CoroUtil
    Cosmetic Armor Reworked
    Craft Tweaker
    Creative Core
    Custom Main Menu
    Cyberware
    Cyclops Core
    Debug Server Info
    Decocraft2
    Deep Resonance
    Default Options
    Drawers & Bits
    Dynamic Surroundings
    ElecCore - Rendering Library
    Enchanting Plus
    Ender Compass
    Ender Core
    Ender IO
    Ender Storage 1.8+
    Energy Converters
    Exchangers
    Extra Planets
    Extra Utilities
    Extreme Reactors
    Farming for Blockheads
    Fast Leaf Decay
    Fence Overhaul
    FoamFix - Anarchy
    FTBLib
    FTB Utilities
    Galacticraft-Planets
    GalacticraftCore
    Genetics Reborn
    Grapple Hooks
    Gravestone Mod
    Huds - Armor Status & Damage Indicators
    Hwyla
    Immersive Engineering
    Industrial Craft
    Industrial Wires
    InGame Info XML
    Initial Inventory
    Inventory Pets
    Inventory Spam
    Iron Backpacks
    Iron Chests
    iTorch
    JEI Integration
    Jounrey Maps
    Just a Few Fish
    Just Enough HarvestCraft (JEHC)
    Just Enough Items
    Just Enough Resources
    LightningCraft
    Literal Ascension
    LittleTiles
    LLibrary
    LunatriusCore
    Mantle
    McjtyLib
    Mekanism
    Mekanism Generators
    Mekanism Tools
    MicdoodleCore
    MineTweaker RecipeMaker
    Mini Heads
    MJRLegendsLib
    Mob Grinding Utils
    ModTweaker
    Modular Powersuits
    More Overlays
    Mouse Tweaks
    MPUtils
    MPUtils Basic Tools
    MTLib
    MultiBeds
    Mystical Agriculture
    Natura
    Neat
    NEI
    NeoTech
    NetherPortalFix
    OMLib
    OpenBlocks
    OpenBlocks Elevator
    OpenComputers
    Open Computers Refined Storage Driver
    OpenModsLib
    OpenModularTurrets
    OpenPrinter
    OpenSecurity
    Ore Excavation
    p455w0rd's Library
    PackGuard
    Pam's Harvestcraft
    Pressure Pipes
    Progressive Automation
    Psi
    QauntumFlux
    Railcraft
    Rainbow Oak Trees
    Random Things
    Reborn Core
    Reborn Storage
    Redstone Paste
    Refined Storage
    Resource Loader
    RFTools
    RFTools Control
    Rockhounding Core
    Rockhounding Mod: Chemistry
    Rockhounding Rocks
    Rope bridge
    Scannable
    SG Craft
    Shadowfact's Forgelin
    ShadowMC
    ShetiPhianCore
    Simple Achievements
    Simple Generators
    Simply Jetpacks 2
    Sleeping Bag
    SmoothFont
    Space Astronomy Tweaks
    Storage Drawers
    Storage Drawers Extras
    Tinker I/O
    Tinkers Addons
    Tinkers Contstruct
    Tiny Progressions
    Torch Arrows
    UniDict
    ValkyrieLib
    Vanilla Tools
    Waddles
    WanionLib
    Weather 2 - Weather, Storms & Tornadoes (Mod)
    Wireless Crafting Grid
    XNet
    ZeroCore
    Awakening
    Awakening modpack aims to be a pack unlike any other. It is designed to be a long term use pack e.g. for a long Minecraft let’s play series or just an everyday pack to keep you playing for a long time, with over 270 mods and well over 800 quests (and growing). Say no to defaults! Nearly every mod and config in this pack has been edited or modified to make them work better together. The ultimate idea of the pack is to integrate mods together so well that you wouldn’t know they were ever meant to be separate. Is this the most highly customized and ambitious modpack ever made? Probably. Try it and see for yourself.

Note: This is a pretty heavy pack. You will need a fairly decent computer to run it. I would recommended setting your RAM to 4-6GB (but no more) in the Curse/Twitch launcher settings. Servers should have a minimum of 3GB of RAM, but ideally 4GB or more for the best experience. Pack also requires Java 8 (do not use an older or newer version).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Cynnimon, Willshaper, tonalom and 2 others like this.
  2. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:33 AM
    For me the choice would definitely be either Awakening or Simple Life 2.

I have played the original Simple Life pack before, and it was good fun making a town of NPC's that do stuff for you. If Simple Life 2 is anything like the first, that's a good choice IMO.

Awakening also looks promising, and will be very interesting as long as it's not as grindy as Divine Journey.

3. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    Yay another server we cant play on! (apart from when the patrons get bored but then there is no one playing)

4. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I can understand where this would com from since our recent servers have been patron only but do not fret. We have something in the works for the public but no details can be given at this time.

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I am also very concerned about this.. having recently posted about my enthusiasm for a throwback server in the original suggestion thread, to then be told that a throwback server might happen but only as a pay-gated patron server (and even then only if it gets enough votes), is a massive slap in the face to be quite frank.

6. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's something like 0.15 euros a day to be the lowest level of Patron. Even if you play for 30 minutes a day, that MORE than justifies the price in my honest opinion. At the end of the day, MyM needs funds to keep the network running and the only way that they can at the moment is through the patron subscription and regular donations made. I really do sympathize with you though, it can be disheartening to hear something that is provided to you for free normally is going to become a paid ordeal... (Not trying to be snarky, being genuine here). But if we all hold in, I can guarantee the staff team will provide us commoners with some new servers.

MrR20 likes this.
  7. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    To non patrons you can just see if you could get a invite from your freind who might be patron

Time to make freinds

8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    A patron membership boils down to about 19.1 cents a day at the current exchange rate. You get a lot of potential entertainment for that nineteen cents! It may not be for everyone, but if you want to help support the network it is an inexpensive way to do it.

Now from the technical side of things..

A throwback has to be developed or patched to work, if it contains exploits or other nefarious things we don't like to make these packs public as it causes more issues when you are dealing with a large population rather than customers less inclined to violate our rules because they have a vested interest in it. This of course ignores the fact that a throwback would need development time etc too.

Simple Life 2: It's a large landmass pack, so there isn't a way we could feasibly release this to the public, with a dozen patron it isn't an issue, with a hundred players the overworld becomes a mess with player villages running into each other etc.

As for the others nothing immediately springs to mind that would bar them from potentially showing up on the public side.

MrR20 likes this.
  9. brandonlk

Local Time:
    Remember when you only needed to donate once and not have a subscription service that lasts for ever.

10. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Unfortunately, as has been said in lasting forum conversations starting almost a year ago, we can no longer operate like that due to the EULA.
    Beginning post from slind here
    Original post introducing patron from sirwill here

11. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Even wen my money is lowish all my love and care is thowen at Mym its the best network I have ever played on and for patron its 20 cents for unlimited hours of game play not even 60 EU triple A titles gets that low for playtime or EU and it supports the server like

The same goes for example if you was playing wow you brought the game and u payed for it each second month or so

MrR20 likes this.
  12. brandonlk

Local Time:
    it seems everything is becoming p2p nowadays because advertising companies are the worst nothing you can do about that, plus microsoft have been killing minecraft ever since they brought it. see Skin and sound deletion for older versions

13. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    ... . You forget that also much good have arrive from that

Why do you just see all the negative things

14. brandonlk

Local Time:
  15. wyndman

Local Time:
    Pepperidge Farms remembers..

I pay for a tier 3 patron every month, it's the equivalent of paying for a movie ticket, just one ticket I can't even get popcorn for the price we're charging to get in here. #itsworthit

Fireforce, GreyWolf11 and Evan317 like this.
  16. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I happily pay for patron to get access to well-managed servers @ MyM, lately I think there's been way too little activity in setting up new servers tempting me to other servers as I didn't particularly enjoy DJ or Sevtech (way too grindy imho). I am welcoming new servers here and if they need to be patron 1st to get them up and running, so be it. Keep up the good work!

17. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    To make it easier for the one who pays for the servers from their pocket and not have them work overtime for your fun they need donations to do so.

It cost you 1 lunch outside or your Saturday candy/pocket money.

If you don't like it go and play on the free servers and be thankful. Or help the ones who work
    their *** of to make your fun gaming possible.

It's very simple. Servers cost money to run, Someone is paying time and money for it.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  18. Cynnimon

Cynnimon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:33 AM
    This is getting a little close to becoming off-topic. Lets keep this thread about potential new packs or your excitement for these new ones!

I for one remember TPPI being awesome sauce! I also am really liking the sound of Awakening. :)

19. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Iam stoked I haven't heard about awakening other then a super hardcore map vech made named that tppi never played it but monster oh yes the glory I had specialy whit the essence farm's I made

20. wyndman

Local Time:
    MrR20 likes this.